a tale of two Brothers // The hurt does go on

Bild

Graphic courtesy of Leandrofg

(Marcel's stats/Daniel's stats)

Since last we reported from our intrepid heroes, the Wranglers have steadily crept out of the basement, while has won the two last games. Both teams are fourth of their respective conference with hopes intact to make the playoffs.

Daniel has picked up speed in the scoring race, while his younger brother has had a cold streak in that department while still providing veteran presence to a relatively unexperienced (yet talented) team.

Our corrspondent Jean-Luc Lieuxperroux (JLL) had the rare chance to catch Bonnie (BJ) after a home game visit with young Cal Gary Janser. He grabbed the opportunity to interview her and get the inside view of the Janser household.

JLL: 'Thanks Bonnie for agreeing to have a wee chat. How are you?'

BJ: 'I am alright. Callum is a good sleeper and hale so far, and hence I get more sleep than most mothers.'

JLL: 'Glad to hear that the little man is well. He is pretty tall already as I can see.'

BJ: 'Yeah, he has good appetite and is very observant. When we watch the away games on telly, he is already pointing at the screen and shouting 'dada'.'

JLL: 'Aw, that is adorable. Would you say, that he gets more or less time with his dad than kids in a family with a 9-5 breadwinner?'

BJ: 'I'd say at the end it is a little more overall. Alas when the team is on a roadtrip, it is of course less, but when they play home, Dan has more time at his disposal than a clerk for example.'

JLL: 'Does he pitch in a lot with the daily chores?'

BJ: 'Absolutely. He somehow enjoys to bathe the boy and change nappies. He also found recipes and cooks for Callum, fills it in jars so that there is always plenty of food when he is not home.'

JLL: 'Does he also sing lullabys to get Callum to sleep?'

BJ: 'Funny that you should ask. The wee one falls asleep fastest to Hard and Punk Rock songs. So I play some of my tunes to him on the drums and Dan does the lyrics. It is a pity that Marcel is now in Europe as he used to play the lead guitar in our little 'lullaby band'. But whenever the schedule allows we do a video call and perform together for Callum.'

JLL: 'That sounds very wholesome. Does he miss his uncle?'

BJ: 'He does, as Marcel was often at our place and entertained him by making faces or reading books to him, including different voices and acting, the whole nine yards. Sometimes, it appears as if he is a little disappointed when 'only' Dan comes back from practice, instead of both brothers.'

JLL: 'Do you plan to go to Scotland anytime soon to visit your side of the family?'

BJ: 'That is indeed the plan after the season is over. His uncles and his grandparents are already excited to meet him in person. Knowing me Da he will have a kilt ready for the wee 'un.'

JLL: 'That sounds awesome. That is all the questions I had. Thanks again for your time and take care.'

BJ: 'Anytime and you take care, too.'

Here are the brothers' stats for the season in the aggregate:

Marcel: 29gp, 2g, 9a, 11pts, +12, 28 PIM, 39 hits, 46sb, 1gwg, 1 First Star nomination

Daniel: 28gp, 13g, 22a, 35pts, +4, 28 PIM, 58 hits, 22sb, 0gwg, 4ppg, 58.26FO% and 3 First Star nominations 

https://vhlforum.com/topic/134672-a-tale-of-two-brothers-the-janser-retirement/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/134942-a-tale-of-two-brothers-tervetuloa-marcel-janser/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/135154-a-tale-of-two-brothers-how-the-turn-tables/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/135228-a-tale-of-two-brothers-i-am-a-wanderer/

Article review:  The tale of two brother is always a fun read.  The fact that we get an expanded look at the family, the interactions and the overall life story creates a sense of reality for these players. The articles are always well written. Keep up the great work, it will be a sad day when the Janser brothers retire and the story ends.  Until then we get to continue enjoying.

9/10 on this article