Betting on VHL games

Phil

I know this idea has happened a while back. Probably decades ago now (isn’t it insane that this is a legitimate statement?)

Way back when the young Funk brother was heading up the VHL Magazine, we did have a sort of lottery that was organized and run by one of the members of the VHL magazine. If my faded memory remembers correctly, we picked numbers and the winner of the lotto would see a handy payment of uncapped TPE. Clearly the system was rigged because I never ever ever saw so much as 1 TPe from it. The Riggery still haunts my dreams. 

But seriously, what if we could gamble our hard earned contract money on VHL games? Especially now with the hybrid attributes and with depreciation’s harshness for idiots like me rushing into the VhL, who wouldn’t want a chance to get allll the depreciation fighters the store has to offer?!?!

Realistically, unless we can automate the process through the portal, this would be a little impractical. However, maybe it can be for only certain games of the season, or have a limit of 5 games per season that you can bet on, so as not to overwhelm the system. 

this is me pissing in a pot here. I’m not seriously asking for this to be implemented, as I’m not giving a well thought out plan of how it can work, so don’t fret. Really I’m here for the sexy 2 TPE but this could also serve to garner some discussion about it for people would have more time to think about the legitimacy of the idea. 

the point is, I’m an old member and I deserve to be heard, dangnabbit. 

season 13 GIF

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, Phil said:

But seriously, what if we could gamble our hard earned contract money on VHL games?

It has been thought of before but generally our response is “not worth the risk”. Because of donations TPE can, in a way, be bought; if that TPE were allowed to be gambled we could be viewed as a gambling website which is obviously a legal nightmare with how many underage members we have.

All of that is a bit of a stretch of course but it’s just never been worth the risk that someone tries to claim it as fact and something happens.

57 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It has been thought of before but generally our response is “not worth the risk”. Because of donations TPE can, in a way, be bought; if that TPE were allowed to be gambled we could be viewed as a gambling website which is obviously a legal nightmare with how many underage members we have.

All of that is a bit of a stretch of course but it’s just never been worth the risk that someone tries to claim it as fact and something happens.

Yeah I think EA fell flat on their noses with their 'random loot box purchases' (I think EA named it 'surprise mechanics') in some of their games, as kids bought loot boxes and you do not know what is in them (which the courts apparently considered gambling).

Edited by Daniel Janser