Has Vancouver found secondary scoring?

VattghernCZ

On April 22, Wolves GM Frank Chadwick made his final move before the trade deadline, dealing Branden Skuin (acquired not even a week earlier) and a pick to Toronto in exchange for Kyle Peace, a 536-game Legion veteran, in attempt to improve the team's secondary scoring. Dogwood Maple and Henry Eagles are both bona-fide first line forwards, but behind them, the Wolves offense was unimpressive.

Despite being somewhat snakebitten, Peace was still having a respectable first half of the season with Toronto, scoring 7 goals and 22 total points in 32 games. The trade seems to have broken his streak of shooter's bad luck though, as he has just doubled his goal total, scoring 7 goals and 12 points in just 14 games with the Wolves so far.

Since his debut in grey&silver in game 260, he's been stapled to the flank of Wann Kerr, whose production was falling behind expectations in his sophomore season. In 32 games before Peace's arrival, Kerr had scored just 8 goals and 20 total points. In 14 games playing with Peace, Kerr has accumulated 5 goals and 10 points. 3 of Kerr's 5 assists were on Peace's goals, and vice versa 3 of Peace's 5 assists were on Kerr's goals.

14 games is not a big sample size, but if these two continue to build on the chemistry they've been showing, it gives the Wolves a legit secondary scoring threat able to step up when their top dogs have off game.

Edited by VattghernCZ
I can't do maths

16 hours ago, VattghernCZ said:

Okay, I thought deadline was last Monday, not tomorrow, my bad lol

Only feeding off the fact that I also thought we were done!! LOL!!

Frank is always working the phones!!

grip it and rip it