Olivier Gauthier Interview

fonziGG

Interviewer: It's been a tough season for Olivier Gauthier, being FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY from playing in the European leagues to slumming it down in the VHLM for one more season. Is this an ideal season for Olivier? Do you think you have what it takes to go to the VHLE?

Olivier Gauthier: I actually think I have what it takes to go to the next level and go straight to the VHL. Goaltending is such a fickle position because I could play in any leagues, why? It's about confidence. It's about maturity. It's about being able to process the speed of the game and getting the attitude right. I'm fighting for my life right now. Why you ask? Because it's been mentioned to me many times that I've been stalling in my development. I've been told I'm not going to be the best that I can be. I will be, just you watch.

Interviewer: This year, you finally recorded your league-leading, fifth shutout. How do you prepare every game and whats the sentiment like after getting a huge shutout like that?

Olivier Gauthier: Oh man, I didn't even realize I was leading the league. I've been training day in and day out every day. I make sure my head is screwed on right and I make sure that I'm focused on the task at hand. I know I'm a leader in the room, but that doesn't change how I'm going to approach the day-to-day. Getting a shutout is huge for my confidence. Being a VHL player is about being confident. I'm confident I'm prepared to go up and make a difference.