Two Rookie Dmen leading the charge!

Scurvy

So checking out some stats today trying to find some shit to write about when I noticed the top two rookies in scoring are both defenders.  Being a defensive player myself I always love to see defense in the top categories.  So here is a quick shoutout to two rookie defenders killing it!

Number 1 in scoring right now is Malmo Defenseman, Jacob Stone @scoop.  This 606 222lb monster was the 5th overall selection in S88 and currently has 9 goals 25 assists for 34 pts and 125 blocked shots.   Stone played for Stockholm last year in the VHLE and put up some numbers with 28 goals 55 assists 83 pts, 137 hits and 168 blocked shots.  Stone has some offensive upside and likes to fill lanes and sacrifice his body to help his club.  

Number 2 in scoring is Helsinki Dman, Kronchy Kardashian @Garsh. The S87 #7 overall pick is as smaller player who plays taller than he is.  KK is not afraid to bang with opposing players and like Stone he will stand in front of any puck to help his goalie.  At the 54-game mark, Kronchy has 6 goals (4 on power play) 28 assists 34 points, 77 hits and 118 SB.  Also, last year In the E Kronchy put up some amazing number with 26 goals 77 Assists for 103 points!  Tremendous upside for Helsinki.  

I for one am excited to see two Defensive players leading the charge and hope that one of these two wins the rookie of the year trophy!   Great job Stone and Kronchy! 

Kronchy has been stuck at six goals since their 24th game. In their first 27 games, they had 6 goals, 20 assists. In the last 27, just 8 assists.

After the start they had, I'm surprised I'm in the race for top rookie scorer.

Edited by scoop