Logan and Izumi: other sports

WildfireMicro

"Good morning honey" Izumi smiles as she sees her fiance Logan Foley come into the kitchen "I made some toast and eggs because I am off work today"

"That's good honey" Logan smiles before he goes to start eating "yeah I got an off day too." He says between bites "Not too often does our off days actually align, so this is pretty nice"

"it is indeed" Izumi says as she sits down to eat too. When they were almost done eating, she turns to him with a bit of an odd question "so why did you choose hockey out of all sports?"

"What do you mean by that?" Logan asks, his eyes narrowing

"Oh it's just that I overheard you talking to your father on speaker phone and he mentioned that you did play baseball and football when you were younger, so I was just curious. I didn't mean anything bad about it" She reassures him as he finishes off the rest of his meal. His takes a moment to think about his answer before finally walking with her to the living room couch to talk.

"Well when I played baseball it was when I was a kid and it was little league." He begins to tell her "I was a decent ball player, played third base and probably hit above the Mendoza line. That means I hit above .200 by the way, and it was named after a baseball player named Mario Mendoza, who failed to reach that like 5 times in the Majors. However, while I liked baseball, I did not like my teammate. They kept making fun of the fact that I could not run very fast"

"Wow I did not take you for not much of a runner" Izumi says, surprised

"I can skate much faster then I can run honey" Logan shrugs "but for me the last straw came when a kid wrote the word "slow" on my locker. Thankfully, security cameras caught the kid who did it, but I just got sick of baseball after that and refused to play it anymore"

"That's... that's sad Logan" Izumi says "I can't believe somebody would do that to you just because you weren't as fast as the other kids. I hope that kid got in hugs trouble"

"He got kicked off the team and his father looked furious with him, don't worry." Logan smiles a bit as he remembers, before focusing again "bit as for why I quit football, it was a combination of my slow speed in high school and just not enjoying football as much as I did hockey. Hockey is always my bread and butter and I feel free when I am on that ice. Plus I had a bit of a hard time memorizing every football formation."

"Heh reminds me of when I was a high school cheerleader in America. Kept forgetting my formations, but I got by I guess"

"You were a high school cheerleader and you never told me?" Logan says, indignant

"It was only for a couple of years and it never came up in conversation" Izumi shrugs "I didn't even think of doing it in college while I got my journalism degree"

"Heh my degree in college was in programming" Logan smiles "anyways, let's head out and grab some groceries"

"Right behind you honey" Izumi smiles