Big Bad Boston

Fradin99

Fradin McGryer is a well known tough guy amongst the VHLM. And for those that don't know him heading into a game, he makes sure to introduce himself. The Boston native was a waiver pickup at the start of the season and began a bit sheepish. Blocking shots and holding the blue line as best he could. But as he developed and found his groove with the team, he's developed his physical game to the point where even his teammates have lightheartedly and openly referred to him as a 'Goon'.

"It's certainly something our team was missing I felt after the first handful of games. We play such a defensive system that tensions obviously run hot out there on the ice. And when you have, you know, players flying by you on the ice like Sjin and Marty B it's sure to get under your skin. I just like to be the main focus for the other team. I don't go out there and intend to fight every night but if one's going to happen I won't let anyone else out there answer the bell before me. In a way it's sort of fun too. Riling up the bench and the crowd by throwing a few bombs with another guy, it's a good time."

McGryer in his first 72 games has amounted 233 hits (5th in the VHLM) and 113 PIMs (5th in the VHLM) to include three fighting majors. McGryer is also the only player to be assessed a decisive win in the league which he makes sure to remind his team during the 'Goon' jabs. The defenseman did manage 58 points this season with 50 assists. He may not be Doug Glatt but he certainly should be a player teams plan for in the coming playoff games. 

299 words for 5/21/23 and also so @Spartan doesn't smite me.