The Bobs legacy, the sequel Ep.9 (The end of the regular season in the VHLE)

Baby Boomer

Welcome everyone,

I know it has been a while since the last episode, but I am back. In this ninth episode of « The Bobs legacy, the sequel », we are going to talk about the season of the Rome Gladiators and Bobby Bob. Now that the regular season is over and the playoffs are already underway, I can maybe even make my predictions for the S88 VHLE playoffs.

The regular season started slowly for the Rome Gladiators, but after a couple of days the team started to play way better and until a little before the trade deadline, Rome was one of the best teams in the league. However, the GM of the Gladiators made a trade with the Istanbul Red Wolves, sending the first-round pick of the Rome Gladiators in S89 for the defenseman Mark Calaway @Beketov and after this trade, the team was never the same again. Indeed, Rome lost 17 of their 18 games following the trade and were close to miss the playoffs, but they won 5 of the last 6 games of the regular season and finished 4th in the standings with a record of 36 wins, 26 losses and 10 losses in overtime. When I ask the GM of the Gladiators if he was still happy with the last trade he made, he answered me that even if Calaway had some difficulties in the regular season, he showed in the last couple of games why we gave a lot for him. He also said that he is confident that Calaway is going to be an important player if the Gladiators want to win the Cup.

Just like the team, Bobby Bob had some ups and downs this season, but overall, he really had a great season. Indeed, he finished the season with 19 goals, 65 assists and 84 points in 72 games and with these stats, Bob is 7th in the league for the number of points, 1st among the defensemen and 3rd for the number of assists. He is also 1st in the shots blocked category with 240 and more than 50 more than the second in the league. In addition, Bobby Bob finished the season with 12 power play goals and is ranked 2nd in the league in this category. Even if Bobby Bob has much less points than last season, he really improved his defensive play and went from 124 shots blocked to 240.

The playoffs in the VHLE are already underway, but it is still time to make my predictions. The series between the Rome Gladiators and the Istanbul Red Wolves for the 4th place in the standings is equal 1-1. The Rome Gladiators are going to win this series and they are going to face the Geneva Rush in the semi-final. The Gladiators are going to win in 6 games this series and are going to face the Cologne Express in the final. The Express won their semi-final in 6 games too. In the final, the Rome Gladiators are going to win the series in 7 games.