Siyan Yasilievich the Passing King of the Playoffs?

badcolethetitan

Siyan Yasilievich the Passing King of the Playoffs?

YasiOp.png

We caught up with Siyan Yasilievich after their victory over the Prague Phantoms, taking down the first seed and sending them to the EU conference finals. We asked him a couple of questions on his run in the playoffs which are below!

Interviewer: Siyan, you've found a way to help London win their first ever playoff series and send them to the first ever conference finals in franchise history. How do you feel?

"Coming here, I wanted to make sure that I had my impact felt in London. I'm super happy with the group with have and being able to finally break the curse is huge for this organization. I feel like at the moment, I'm at my peak and I'm playing exceptional hockey in the playoffs."

Interviewer: Speaking about the playoffs, you currently have 13 assists in the playoffs and are a +10. How are you able to contribute offensively to your team?

"Yeah, I feel like I'm just helping to set up plays and making sure to utilize every single player on the ice. My best trait is being able to find someone and put them in a place to succeed so they can have easy tap-ins. I've also started to utilize my teammates better and to leverage their strengths to make my game better as well."

Interviewer: Are you bothered by the 0 goals in the playoffs, despite you shooting the puck?

"I mean, we're winning. It doesn't matter to me. I'm just happy that we're winning and moving on in the playoffs!"

Interviewer: On another note, your goaltender Jesse Teno is 7-1-1 with a .955 sv% and 1.51 GAA, anything you'd like to say about that?

"Teno has been the best goalie in the playoffs and I don't want to hear anyone else say anyone is close. They're an amazing goalie and have been lights out for us. I thought they were already playing fairly well during the regular season, but in the playoffs they've turned on another gear and have become absolutely insane. Any cup contender needs a hot goalie in the playoffs and we've found ours."

Interviewer: I've heard a rumor that you actually have told rookie Leonard Triller to "get open" and you'll find him on the ice. Is this true?

"Yep. I remember telling them in the locker room just to get themselves open and the puck will find them. They ended up netting a hat trick shortly after and for a rookie, they've already got a wicked shot. I can't wait to see what they can bring later on in their career!"

Interviewer: Is there anything else you'd like to say, especially to Davos who potentially could play you in the conference finals?

"Haha. I'm sure it'll be a good series if we play Davos in the conference finals, but I've got a score to settle and I'm looking to prove that I'm the best passer in the league this season. I want to lift the trophy at the end of the season and I don't care how it happens."

Interviewer: Thanks Siyan and good luck with the rest of the playoffs!

"Thanks for the interview."

Great article, London has really found themselves this playoffs.  The forwards are finding the back of the net, facilitated by Siyan's amazing passing talent.  The defense is keeping the scoring chances to a minimum and Teno is in position to get everything else.  The entire team is playing their best hockey exactly when it matters most.  The curse, if there ever was one is not just broken, it is obliterated.  

Keep up the great work on these articles. I give this a 9/10.