Henry Eagles career reflection

Greg_Di

The S85 first overall pick has not had the career he has envisioned but in the grand scheme of things it has been a rewarding and productive career, with potentially 5 more seasons to go before he retires, we can look back on his current career and see how Henry has fared.

By this time, Henry, would have thought he would have won some sort of individual award, break the 50 goal mark or the 100 point mark. As of today, this has not yet happened. His best season to date has been his finished 4th season where he put up 42 goals and 45 assists for 87 points. Not bad but for Henry that is an underperformance. As a first overall pick he always excepted better of himself. His first goal was to win the rookie of the year but he didn't even come close in the votes. Not even top 10 as he struggled during his first season. His second season didn't go much better either and he only really started showing his true potential in his 3rd and 4th seasons.

The only Award he has to his name is winning the Continental Cup is Season 86. It was a big achievement but as a first overall pick Henry always expects more. He is also the type of player that won't give up on his goals and will strive to achieve them before he hands the skates up for good.

"I have a few more years to go in this league before I have to retire and I still have time to reach all my goals" Henry said "I know it will be harder as I get older but I want to win some of those individual awards and I want to break that 50 goal and 100 point mark. I got close but close is not good enough"

When asked if he would do anything differently or if he had any regrets, Henry did not think so.

"I couldn't have asked for anything better, I got drafted to a top tier organization in Vancouver, we won the cup together and I intend to spend the rest of my career here" Henry said " Would I have changed anything? I don't think so and definitely no regrets. If anything maybe practice more in the off-season and focused more on scoring versus focusing more on being a two-way player but all in all I am still happy with how things turned out and hopefully I can only get better going forward"