Hello Europe - Bobby Bob

Baby Boomer

IS THE VHLE GOOD OR BAD?

Welcome everyone,

As some of you may know, I am GM in the VHLE since S83 and I was also AGM for S81 and S82. So, in this article I will give you my opinion on my experience in the VHLE as a player and as a GM.

First, I would like to talk about the logos and the location of the teams. I don’t think I am the first one to say this, but the logos in the VHLE are really beautiful and well done. Indeed, the colour and the shape of the logos are really good. For the location, I think it is really nice that they chose location all over Europe and cities in countries where hockey is not super popular.

Second, I like the idea of the VHLE in general, a league between the minor and the big league, a league where the players that are too good for the VHLM, but not good enough for the VHL can score more than 9 points in a season. Plus, I think it is an occasion for everyone to play for more teams in their career and not play for the same team for 8 seasons, which could become monotonous for some people.

Third, I don’t think we can talk about the VHLE without talking about the inactive players. Even if I like the VHLE, the lack of active players is really killing the league. It is almost impossible to have a team who has more active player than inactive player. The final of the VHLE is currently underway and the Rome Gladiators only have 7 active players out of their 13 players and the Oslo Storm have 8 active players out of their 14 players. For both team this is only a little bit more than 50%.

Finally, I really liked my experience in the VHLE this season and I recommend to everyone to play at least one season in this league. This season the competition was very good and almost every team had a chance to win at the beginning of the season. I know that the league should try to do something about the lack of activity in the league and the number of active players, but overall, I really like the league. Indeed, the people that are managing it are really nice and if you stay active you will have a lot of ice time.