Another Round of "Why Did the Wheels Come off?"

Ozzy Batty

The first time a team hits a losing streak, it is easy to look at a multitude of factors and randomly pick one to explain what has happened. If things turn around and the team starts winning again, no worries. It was just a glitch and the season goes on. But what about when things dont turn around? How do we deal with the reality of a losing streak continuing? How do we accept the reality no matter what is changed, we just never seen to find the winning mojo again? Hopefully we hold our heads up, grit our teeth and do our best to get through the season. In reality, there is a collective sigh of relief when the pain of the disastrous season is finally over and all of the teammates can put it behind them and move on to something else.

But what about when it happens a second time? How do we feel when 2 teams in a row that you are a member of goes through the same cycle? It is human nature, we start to question ourselves. Am I some sort of a curse? Can I not have anything go my way? What did I do to bring this bad luck to my team? We start looking in the mirror, looking behind us, looking all around us....looking inside us. We desperately search for the answer, what do we have to do to start winning again?

The reality is there is nothing we can do except working hard, staying positive and believing in ourselves, in our team, in our coaches. Nothing changes except our attitude. It is our responsibility to stay as positive as we can.

The reality is...this isnt easy. But no matter what, I am proud of my team, my teammates and my coaches. And I believe, that we will one day shock everyone....and I wont feel like a bad luck charm anymore...

Word Count: 320
Week Claimed: 28 May 2023