Gregger McKeggegger Post Finals Interview

TheNeonShaman

*Joey Sloth, a reporter for Joe Smith, stands with Gregger McKeggegger on the ice. There are people swarming everywhere, and the Oslo celebration is in full effect.*

Joey Sloth: *whenever Sloth talks, it's a little slow, and it kind of makes McKeggegger give him a look in the beginning* Congrates on the Cup Gregger! Let's start with the basics, how do you feel?

Gregger McKeggegger: You know Joey it's pure elation! The way the season started and how we found our form, then that insane first round against the Express, all of it leading to a great finals, really I'm just so happy to get it done with this group.

Sloth: That's very true. How did that first round series seem to prepare you for the finals?

McKeggegger: Well it's been a tough year for us against the Express. It was always a hard game against them, and they got the better of us in more of the meetings this season. We put everything on the line that series, and it was kind of a feeling around the locker room that if we won that series, we would win the finals. Winning that series was really just so satisfying and finally getting the better of them in the end meant so much.

Sloth: That rivalry was one of my personal favorites to watch throughout the season. A very climactic ending to it indeed. *long pause where McKeggegger looks around to see if he's good to go.* Gregger, how were you feeling when Rome took games 4 and 5. Was there any creeping worries about them pulling the impossible and winning four straight.

McKeggegger: Uh, you know that's always gonna start to creep in, but at the end of the day it's all about playing our game, and knowing that we are the better team and that as long as we stay focused on how we play, we will win. And it all ended up good in the end, really happy that we shut them down in game 6, a 7th game would have had nerves high.

Sloth: How does it feel to be able to lift that trophy over your head?

McKeggegger: Oh it's unbelievable. This season felt like a lot more of a fight all year than my season in Ottawa where things were just cruising most of the time. It really feels like we fought for this trophy and earned it, lifting it just makes it feel so real and incredible.

Sloth: I'm sure it does. *Sloth stares at the trophy in another Storm player's hands eagerly and a little creepily.*

McKeggegger: Uh Joey?

Sloth: Now you have a very interesting storyline going for your career. You had one season in each of the VHLM and VHLE and won championships in both. Do you think you will be able to capture the Continental Cup and complete your trifecta?

McKeggegger: I mean of course it's on my mind. I would be lying if I said it wasn't something I wanted to do. I think with going up to this Los Angeles team, I'm so excited to jump into the VHL and really try to make an impact early on. And yeah, I want to win that Continental Cup, hopefully with LA!

Sloth: Alright Gregger, I'll let you go celebrate, can't wait to see what you will do next season! Congrats again!

*Cut back to the studio so Joe Smith can continue the show*

Word Count: 574

For Week of 5/28