End of Season Ramble

KRZY

I’ve procrastinated long enough I figure it’s time to release another edition of my Rambles.

Todd Cooke has arrived 

Cooke finished tied for the lead in points on the LA Stars with 83 points , Second in goals with 35 , and tied for second in apples with 48. This year was a real coming out party for Cooke and is just a taste of what’s yet to come for this youngster in the next couple of seasons. Cooke bet on himself and signed a 1 year show me deal with LA coming into S88 . That bet has paid off huge as @InstantRockstarhas recently re signed Cooke for S89 and S90. Hopefully the LA Stars will take the league by storm in this next 2 seasons as their core is all for the most part set to return and be together for the next while . 

In the meantime while we see how things play out in LA Cooke has his sights set on making the team Canada roster for the upcoming World Cup tournament . Cooke has said right from his draft year that this was a goal of his and it is very well in reach and could be accomplished in the next few days as rosters are selected . “ representing your home country is every kids dream growing up , and I just hope I’ve done enough to garner up some consideration for this , it truly would be an honour “.

Oslo Wins it 

The Oslo storm seemingly don’t know how to say die or take a step back . This season started and their spark they’ve been known for and had the last few seasons had seemingly fizzled out . They were a fringe wildcard team for a better part of the year. But @JB123 wasn’t ready to curl over and die just yet . In a last itch effort to make the playoffs he made some moves at the trade deadline to strengthen Oslo upfront and boy did that ever happen . Oslo finished in third place and was once again matched up with the Express in the playoffs and for the third time in four seasons they came out on top a hard fought 7 game series . They would end up beating Rome in 6 games and win their 3rd Renaissance cup in the last 4 years. 

What’s next ? Will Oslo have to finally rebuild ? Will they stay competitive? These are all questions we’ll have to wait to get answered . One things forsure Oslo is not a team you can or should sleep on , nor can you count them out ever.

Toms lands in Houston

theres a new rookie on the block . @Ktoms22 is set to be drafted in the upcoming S89 draft and is looking like he could be a mid round steal for any team looking for a bright active player with a good future in the league . Toms was signed as a waiver pickup at the beginning of the season with Houston and quickly became a household name there. He finished the season at about .5 points per game witch is good for any waiver pickup first gen player . One thing for certain is Tom’s will be a big time player in the VHLM this coming season after he is drafted . Don’t sleep on this young stud ! He worth the pick !