HNR: Interview with Management of the Las Vegas Aces

McLovin

image.thumb.jpeg.250abb96f17ab2963f73ec4123edf8d0.jpeg

This is Marcus Svedberg with Helsinki News Radio, live from Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland! We got a wonderful segment for you today as we are interviewing General Manager @Blazzer and Assistant GM @Viper of the Las Vegas Aces! Today, we'll be asking questions about them both personally and VHLM related! So sit back, and enjoy the interviews!

We started by asking AGM Viper a few questions regarding his future with the Aces and his plans with the team moving forward.

MS (Marcus Svedberg, interviewer): "First things first, thank you for accepting this interview! I only have a few questions cause I know you're a busy man right now! On that note, let's get started! What are your long term goals when it comes to management? More specifically, do you have aspirations to become a GM, whether it be of the Aces or another team?"

V (Viper, AGM of LVA): "Yeah no problem, thanks for reaching out! My long-term goal is definitely to get a GM job, I’ve been building up experience for a while now so I think I am qualified to handle a team, but I also have no issues with staying as the AGM in Vegas for a while, it’s great here. GM treats me well and got great players."

MS: "That's wonderful news! So with all the jobs that have been announced open today, do you find yourself possibly applying to them soon or do you want to at least see this next season through with GM Blazzer before making such a monumental career decision?"

V: "I always talk with Blaz before applying for jobs, even things like WJC and JST. Technically I don’t have to but it just seems natural to get permission before applying. If I get hired she can’t fire anymore, though."

MS: "Hahaha, I love it! Only got two more questions here so we'll burn through 'em. Moving on to Aces specific questions, this last season obviously didn't go as well as I can imagine management had hoped. What do you think, personally at least, should be done to bolster the team and get them back to contender status?"

V: "Well, we made some deals this season that definitely help us this season, trading good players for slightly worse players may not seem great but that slightly worse player will be here this season whereas the better player has moved up. We also have been doing our research on the best prospects to draft so we definitely are excited and prepared for draft day."

MS: "Sounds very promising indeed! Finally, and this one is addressed to the fans of Las Vegas directly, what would you like to say to the fans of the Aces, whether it be something like hyping them up or give them hope, whatever you feel like really, moving into next season?"

V: "Stay with us, be patient, and we will give you results. Rome wasn’t built in a day, either."

MS: "A wonderful answer to end this interview on! I think I speak for all the fans when I say we're looking forward to seeing the future of the Aces! Thank you for time!"

V: "Thanks for having me man"

After ending the interview with AGM Viper, we spoke to GM Blazzer regarding her thoughts on the team and management as a whole.

MS: "I'd like to start this interview by first saying thank you to you and Viper for allowing me to speak with you guys! I have just a few questions so we'll make the interview quick! Starting off, I'd like to ask your opinion on the Aces and what you think it will take to get them back to the Founder's Cup?"

B (Blazzer, GM of LVA): "Thank you for interviewing us. The Aces as an organisation has always been great. It has a long legacy with fantastic GMs like Shindigs and I'm honoured to be given this job by Spartan. As to what will bring us the Founders cup, that's a little tricky. We kinda have to be drafting well and retaining as much players as we get. Along with that, we also need to help our players develop as much as possible when they are with us. Retaining and signing players have been tricky for us from the beginning but that wouldn't and shouldn't be an excuse"

MS: "Very interesting, so with that being said then what are your plans with the upcoming draft and free agency? Are you aiming for specific players or player types or more aiming for the most developed players available?"

B: "That's a great question. Going back to pre trade deadline, I decided to make some moves to give us more picks. I would definitely want to draft the most developed players with my top picks yet keeping in mind their discord activity and earnings."

MS: "I like the sound of that for sure! I only have a few questions left, so we'll continue with a question on Captain Juan Ceson. The level of competition in the M is immense, and players are constantly on the move to bolster teams to give it their best shot at the Cup. Ceson has been on the team for a very long time, and has been a cornerstone piece to the Aces. What does his presence add to the team that other VHLM teams might not have?"

B: "He is definitely a lovely spirit with tons of charisma. People and players love him and the atmosphere he creates in the arena. I think the Aces have a legacy and veteran that no other team has. Having that helps build confidence among the players for sure"

MS: "I absolutely agree! Moving onto management, Viper in his interview with us stated that he's been interested in pursuing a fulltime GM job somewhere sometime in the future, but is dedicated to sticking around in the Aces organization for the foreseeable future. From your point of view, how valuable is Viper to management and the team as a whole?"

B: "Viper should be fired. Ok no I'm just kidding 😂 I am pretty busy most of the day honestly. I won't lie about that because it can be observed and seen by the people in my LR. Viper helps with most of the things that needs to be done in the team. Press conferences, scouting etc. Needless to say, he is a valuable piece. However I am happy for him if he gets a full time GM job some where. I'll just have to hire again 🥲"

MS: "Hahaha, I love that! Finally, I'll ask you the same thing I asked Viper. This one is for the fans and supporters of the Aces directly, what is something you'd like to say to them regarding this last season and the future of the team?"

B: "Thank you for your endless support. We haven't produced significant results that we would love to see but you guys have been our biggest supporters. We hope to bring a cup back to the strip for you guys"

MS: "Inspiring words as always! I'm excited to see what's in store for the organization! Thank you again for your time, and best of luck in the offseason!"

B: "Thank you! All the best to you as well"

Lastly, we have a bonus interview with Captain Juan Ceson of the Aces!

MS: "Thank you for showing interest in being interviewed by Helsinki News Radio! I have a few questions for you that I'm sure our audience would love to hear your input on! I'm gonna go for the hard hitters right off the bat. What are your thoughts on this last season and what do you felt could have been different?"

JC (Juan Ceson, Captain of LVA): "Last season was very good. We fought the law and we won. We also won a lot of games. We could have won more games but I am happy with our season."

MS: "I'm glad to hear that! Moving along with a similar question, what do you think could be done to improve upon the team to get them further in the standings and deeper into the playoffs?"

JC: "Get rid of the forwards. We don't need them. 5 defensemen is the best strategy and we will win with it."

MS: "A perfectly sound strategy indeed! I touched on this a bit with GM Blazzer but I'd love your input on this. How's it felt playing for the same org for so long? It's rare to see a player play for the same team in the M for more than a year or two, but you've done it your entire career! What's it like?"

JC: "A lot of people won't remember when Las Vegas traded me in S81. I still remember. I am playing the long game here. I am bleeding the city dry to make them pay for trading me. Also there are some great players on the team and it is fun to wathc them get so good that Vegas loses them to the E or the VHL. I also like my house that GM Shindigs bought for me."

MS: "I love that for you! To wrap up this interview I'll ask you what I asked Blazzer and Viper. Coming from you, what words would you like to give for the fans of the Aces moving forward? Any words of encouragement or hype you'd like to say?"

JC: "The price of Juan Ceson merchandise will be increasing by 200% starting tomorrow. You will also be required to wear a least one item of Juan Ceson merchandise to watch any Aces games at the Juan Ceson Arena next season. Thank you for your support!"

MS: "Buy 'em while you can, they're going fast! Well, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this interview! Thank you for your time, and best of luck next season!"

JC: "Thank you!"

And that wraps up our interviews, overall very exciting times to be an Aces fan. The future is very bright in Las Vegas!  Join as next time as we do post analysis of the Las Vegas Aces S88 VHLM Draft!

For Helsinki News Radio, I'm Marcus Svedberg, signing off!

Edited by McLovin
Juan Ceson Interview added