Houston's Waivers

AJW

After five seasons GMing Houston, not a lot has happened in the win column since I have stepped into the position:

S84: R1 Exit

S85: Missed Playoffs

S86: R1 Exit

S87: R2 Exit

S88: R1 Exit

This team has not seen success in the playoffs besides our S87 campaign. S84 we are not going to talk about because I'm still salty about it but still, I see a lot of early exits. I know I'm a better GM than the stats show so I wanted to highlight the success of every waiver player Houston has brought in. I believe waivers can make a critical impact to your season and their development is the main way to show it. You never know who's going to click the button and join your team, so to see a variety of faces of the past 5 seasons has been very cool for me. It's a gamble of who will stay active sometimes and not every time have we come out a winner. Here's my handy dandy spreadsheet:

Let me break it down for the color blind. In my 5 seasons of GMing the Bulls, our franchise has signed 39 players from waivers. That's an average of 7.8 players signed a season which I am thrilled about. Out of those 39 players, 28 (71.8% - Predicting 6/7 S89/90 prospects are drafted) have been drafted with only 16 (41%) of drafted/undrafted players going IA/retired. I am so pleased with these numbers as Houston has shown since I stepped in that we want to grow and help anyone willing to take the chance on us. Even if some players went IA and not every player is reaching crazy TPE limits, I feel the Bulls have done a great job at retaining players in this league.

I believe this recent group of waivers signed in S88 will show the power of Houston's prospect pool, and that does not even include ADV's top TPE player for the S89 draft class. I feel like the community built in Houston has grown immensely throughout the past few seasons and I do have @UnknownMinion and @Triller to thank as well for this. Big shout out to Triller for all his graphics work to promote the team, we signed Tobias Weiss off of spamming that video of the penis Bull lol. When I joined Houston our locker room was not an active place to be. With changes and time I have seen this grow and people flock in daily, it's amazing! Nice to actually see something you've built starting to come together.

I am excited for Houston to grow more in S89. With Joe Block and Devon Giguere coming back, we also hold five picks in the top four rounds as well as later picks too. We plan to build a solid foundation in this upcoming draft in hopes of more new waiver faces to join the team. With that being said if you have a friend joining the league after the draft, you know who to call ;)

New-Project-3-1.png

Edited by AJW

So glad to be a part of this team and the work that has gone into providing new players with a positive experience!  Hopefully we can find success on the ice in the same way we have found it off!  The proof is in the pudding with penis bull!  LETS GO BULLS!