The GM Who Disappeared

Ozzy Batty

The last VHLM draft was a great occasion (okay, it was great because I was drafted) and the General Manager of the Saskatoon Wild, Bauldry, was very active and involved. He had quite a few selection and was ready to try and win the VHLM title. The season started good, yea, there was some adjustments to lines and some ups and downs, but we were all excited and ready to get this done. 

But then we started losing, I mean, alot. I think it finally ended after 19 games in a row. To be honest, after 14 losses in a row, which more wins than we had so far in the season, I stopped counting. I do not know if it was a coincidence, or just bad timing, but it seemed around the same time we started to see less of the General Manager. We started reaching out to him and did not get any answers. We started asking for the press conferences and they were not posted. Eventually we just started doing other things. 

Still no response from the General Manager, nothing about what was going on. There were no waiver claims as we lost players. There was no attempt to convince players to not leave, they too just disappeared. There was no attempt to trade players who were looking to join a playoff-bound team. There was nothing...

The season is over. We never did hear from our General Manager. We never knew what was going on until we found his office cleaned out. We found out he had also cleared out of his locker and even vacated his rented house. Gone, everything has been cleared out. 

It has left us all asking questions, wondering where he went, if everything is okay, if he is okay. I hope, if nothing else, we can find out he is doing okay.

Now, there will be a new General Manager for Saskatoon and the team will hopefully become the powerhouse it deserves to become!

Word Count: 332

Week Claimed: 4 June 2023