Westwood Gearing Up For The Draft

Sullvino

Tonight, all of the S89 VHL prospects will find out where their new homes will be a when they hear their names called during the S89 Entry Draft. The class appears to be pretty strong at the top with Viktor Jensen and Eric Queefson appearing to be locks to go in the top 2 and other players like Pope Francis and Montgomery Burns looking like Top 5 locks. One player in the class who has steadily climbed the draft boards throughout the season is Zyn Westwood of the VHLM-champion Philadelphia Reapers. We caught up with Westwood just a few moments ago to check in how he is feeling leading up to the draft tonight.

“I’m very excited. This is a night I dreamed about since I was a kid and I just can’t wait to find out where I will be playing in my VHL career. I have spoken to a few teams over the past few weeks so I have a sense as to where I may go, but I am just going to enjoy the night and be happy with wherever I land. Putting on the sweater of my new VHL team is going to be surreal. I will give everything I have to the team that picks me tonight.”