Bogatyrev hits the ice

Bojovnik

Pre-season is in full effect. Back in Nizhnii Tagil, an industrial city in the heart of the Urals, Seattle Bears winger Yaroslav Bogatyrev is back on the ice as he gets his preseason preparations underway. Bogatyrev was part of a Bears roster that threw away a 3-1 lead in the Continental Cup Finals to lose against the London United, and it is clear that there is huge motivation on the part of the big-bodied Russian forward ahead of S89.

“I always love coming home and getting started as soon as possible. I usually take a few days to see family and friends before getting started. The facilities here maybe aren’t as good as back in North America, but I get amazing access and the best possible training. I felt fantastic before last season, and the results of that were career highs in goals, assists, whatever,” Bogatyrev said.

“I came into the season wanting to make more of a physical impact, and it was clear I was able to do that. I think it made a difference, and it’s something that I’m going to be aware of. If I can’t get on the scoresheet, getting on the board in another way is super helpful,” he said.