Westwood on the Draft

Sullvino

Westwood on the VHL Draft:

“Dream come true for me, man. It was one of the longest days of my life, I couldn’t sleep the night before and I was just so anxious to hear where I would be starting my VHL career with. I had some good conversations with several teams, but New York was always one that intrigued me. They reached out during the late stages of the process and we had some productive conversations about a potential match. Being able to play in the Big Apple and for one of the original teams in the league, there is no bigger stage than that. This will be a big challenge for sure, but one that I believe I am ready to take on.”

Westwood on his VHLM teammates drafted:

“Yeah super excited for all the Reapers that got drafted yesterday. We worked so hard during that playoff push, everyone deserved to hear their name called on draft day. Queefson going number two definitely wasn’t a surprise to anyone, but proud of him to solidify himself as one of the top prospects in the VHL. Kopecky sneaking into the first round was awesome too, he’s worked hard the past couple months and deserved to be a first round pick. Rashford at 22 to Helsinki I think will be a steal, he is so talented and everyone saw that in the playoffs when he was pretty much a point-per-game player. The list goes on and on with our draft class from the Reapers. What a way to end that magical season.