King is a King

Kisslinger

King is a King!

And with the 9th pick in the S89 VHLM Draft, The Mexico City Kings select, King Kisslinger!

Ice Hockey Hello GIF by NHL

Just like that, King Kisslinger’s life changed forever. All the hard work, blood, sweat and tears were finally worth it. It honestly started to feel like it’s somewhat paying off, but Kisslinger knows this is just the beginning and he cannot slack. But it’s not about that right now. It’s about celebrating the moment and taking in everything that happened this past weekend. 

“This was truly one of the greatest moments of my life” Kisslinger said. 

“When I started playing hockey, it was never a guarantee i would be standing right here with a professional jersey on. It was a dream that I made true tonight and I cannot wait to show the Mexico City Fans the type of player they just drafted in me”

We asked Kisslinger a few questions and had him talk about some of the things that happened on draft week. Kisslinger talked about the draft process and if he ever thought about where he was going to end up. We asked Kisslinger what three things he brings to this young hungry Mexico team and we followed up this up with asking Kisslinger if he has any expectations when it came to this upcoming season. 

“To me the draft process is one of the most exciting but grueling experiences you can go through. You have so many different thoughts running through your mind and you always second doubt if you have a good interview or if they caught you on a bad day or said something they didn’t like. Other than that, it’s an amazing time getting able to meet all the fans of teams you will be potentially playing for, it’s just really awesome.”

I was interviewed by a couple of teams and some of the interviews went a while and I felt they all went well! But I know we all say this but I really felt like I was going to Mexico. It was the team I felt like I fit the best with and the team that I would have the most opportunities to grow as a leader and a player.”

“Honestly it is a really simple three things that I think makes any hockey player great, and they are Composure, Hockey IQ and leadership. I feel like that is one of the strongest bases because those are some of the hardest skills to learn and improve. Skating and shooting are something you can work on everyday for hours, but the times where you can train your Hockey IQ and leadership aren’t as common.”

“Honestly, my only expectation for the team is to play like a family and to give it our all our every game for us and for the fans. That’s all we can do every game anyways. I could say yeah I want us to win a cup or win all these individual awards but sometimes being more realistic helps us rather than shooting but always. Let’s see how the first couple of games go then we can revisit these expectations. 

Super excited for this journey, pumped to have the season starting soon! Let’s go Mexico!

Edited by Kisslinger