Ben Laas working towards being better

dustywilson22

Ben Laas was fresh off his JST games, but It was time to know what his VHL future held. Ben felt his performance from the JST showed coaches what his potential held as In Saskatoon there wasn't a ton of winning, but there was plenty of talented prospects. Regardless the focus for Ben was himself. He was committed to being the best version of himself. 

The Draft didn't see many coaches reach out, but the ones that did It ultimately honed in the guys looking at him in the draft. It was Moscow and DC as London also reached out, but just mostly wanted to touch base as they didn't feel they could get me last in the 1st round which made sense. So Moscow was the most likely choice as development advice was given to Ben from their coach as the confidence in getting him was very likely. Just seemed destined to be for Ben and Moscow to come together. Then DC traded for the 6th overall pick. Ben reached out to Frost since he hadn't chatted since their conversation at the first of the week without even knowing and when speaking with Frost the news of him making that trade reached Dusty and now Dusty knew. it seemed likely that would be his home. Draft night saw Ben excited as ever as this would be a hopeful step for him and his career.
He still didn't know what to expect as we saw Pope Francis fall, murmuring could be heard. DC was up and he was still on the board. Who did DC want? People had their ideas the mocks had their ideas too. That was right when Ben saw his name across the big board. His eyes lit up as he just got up and hugged his family who was able to make it to the draft venue and went up to the commissioner to shake hands. Smiling from cheek to cheek Ben was just excited to get started regardless, but he knew VHL wouldn't be in his sights just yet.

Next up was the VHLE draft The watchmen were the only team to even reach out to him, so Ben had no expectations other than spend a season with whatever team gets him and move up fast! Ben was more concerned with his new contract deal he just signed with the Dragons of the VHL. So he watched this draft on TV as the E draft was less international per say as It's teams reside In Europe. Ben knew he would be taking a nice little Europe getaway to play hockey this year. So when the draft finally started, ben wasn't even worried about who was picking 1st as he wasn't getting picked up there. He was just waiting to go 8th as thats where the watchmen picked and which was the likely home for himself and definitely didn't mind since they scouted Him.

All the sudden across the screen went Ben's name as It was announced on TV. His family would congratulate him, but Ben just watched in Dismay. He was going to play for a team In Turkey? -Ben would just nod- "Let's get It started baby!" -He would hug his family once realizing the reality of what had just happened- -He would receive a call from a number he didn't recognize, but answered- "Howdy?" "Hey Ben we know we didn't get to scouting you before the VHLE draft happened as I had personal things I was dealing With. Regardless we expected you to go earlier off the board from our pick. So were ecstatic to have you apart of the team. We should have some tickets being emailed to your phone as we speak as those will be very important to be able to get here to your new home! Hope you're ready to work, because were ready to win Ben." Ben chuckled, "Yes sir, Winning's all I want to do and I definitely believe I can help do that." "Sounds Good Ben, we'll see you here soon buddy. Catch you then." -Ben would continue to celebrate, but knew It was time to make sure he had all his stuff to make sure he would be ready to pack his stuff For Istanbul. 

Ben had been drafted 6th Overall in the VHL to the DC Dragons and 5th Overall to Istanbul. Ben was ready to get to work and become a much better player! Keep an eye on Ben as he looks to try and catch the league off guard.