Gustav Talks

Gustav

I tried to come up with a BIG IDEA for my .com article this week, because I generally enjoy being worth reading. It just wasn't there in the time I took to try to find it (maybe that by itself could be an article, but I've done that before). So, I hope you enjoy what's on my mind VHL-wise lately.

• Another season gone, another season where I forget to do predictions. I also forgot to do Super Coach. I think I have a bit of an issue when it comes to these things--I see them go up, I tell myself I'm going to go do them in a bit, and then I don't do them. I'm not happy about it, but I'm at least cool with not being mad about it. I'm a great earner otherwise and it's not going to affect my real-life happiness if I miss out on TPE here and there.
  • I'm cautiously optimistic about LA, and on paper I think we look great. We're capable of going anywhere; it's just a matter of how the sim luck shakes out. How many times have you seen me say that?
  • I'm also happy that the draft went the way it did. This was the first time in a while that LA had a reasonable amount of picks early on, and I think we ended up with a steal in @nurx. I agree that there were reasons why my guy fell, but preferences were laid out and we were just one of the teams that followed them. Anyone could have done that; them's the rules.
  • Is this what it's like to win a Cup? I'm practically nonexistent as London's AGM (as I'd prefer it), but I've certainly picked up on how well this offseason has gone after already having a hell of a management clinic put on by @jacobcarson877 last season. 
  • I made this point in the Board of Gustav, but I feel like telling GMs they need to do better will just serve to make the GMs who are already doing better angry and to do absolutely nothing to the ones who aren't. We had one such post recently (that just devolved into a different activity of mine in E-hating), and I've certainly made others myself in the past. But I've also been seeing that sort of thing for years and I know it's never going to change our entire GM culture. In a perfect world, those who aren't willing to work for their players would just choose not to take or keep a job that ideally should involve working for players. Sadly, that's not the world we live in all the time.

27 minutes ago, Gustav said:

I agree that there were reasons why my guy fell, but preferences were laid out and we were just one of the teams that followed them.

I also made them rules 7 months ago when I drafted my player. I'm not going anywhere