Westwood Enjoying VHLE Life

Sullvino

ZYN WESTWOOD ADJUSTING TO VHLE 

6/25/2023

After a very busy and exciting offseason, VHLE rookie winger Zyn Westwood is beginning to find his groove at the advanced level of competition of the VHLE. The 6th overall pick in the VHLE Draft and his Geneva Rush find themselves atop the standings with 18 games played in the season with an impressive 14-3-1 record. Westwood is producing over a point per game with 9 goals and 14 assists for 23 points in those 18 games. Three of those goals were game winners which is tied for the most in the VHLE. He also has contributed 112 shots on goal and 32 hits.  Overall, it has been a great start to his first year in this league and one that he hopes to continue to build on.

“Yeah I feel great out there to be honest. I was a little unsure as to how I would adjust to this level of hockey, but I seem to fit in and the game has slowed down. We have a great roster here in Geneva and made some important trades recently to equip us with a deep roster that can make some noise in the playoffs. We’re just taking it one game at a time and trying to play the best hockey we can”