Commissioner for a Day - Keegan Gamble

Keegan Gamble

As Commissioner of the VHLM, VHLE, and the VHL (FOR ONE ENTIRE DAY!), I am thrilled to announce the addition of three exciting expansion teams to our leagues.  I am going to talk about these new teams and the opportunities they bring to our hockey community, opportunities to more players to join these prestigious leagues and for the communities of these cites to embrace their new sports team.

I was also able to speak to the mayors of each city and get their thoughts of the idea of a new expansion team!

First up, we have the Seattle Supersonics, a brand new team joining the VHLM. The name pays homage to the rich basketball history of the city, but fear not, hockey fans, the Supersonics are all about bringing high-flying action on the ice! Seattle is known for its passionate sports culture, and we believe this team will capture the hearts of the city's residents. We anticipate a dedicated fan base that will rally behind the Supersonics, creating an electric atmosphere in the arena.

"The Seattle Supersonics are here to soar to new heights on the ice, just like our basketball counterparts did on the court. Get ready for an electrifying experience!" – Bruce Harrell, Mayor of Seattle

image.png.1832c0bebd1d9d86bb8ebcc977ab4b8d.png

Moving on to the VHLE, we welcome the Budapest Kodiaks. Budapest is the capital city of Hungary, so why should it not have a major sports team? Budapest has a deep-rooted love for sports and a rapidly growing hockey scene. The Kodiaks will add an exciting new dynamic to the VHLE, as they bring their own unique flair to the league. With their fierce determination and commitment to the game, the Kodiaks aim to put Budapest on the hockey map and make their mark in the league.

"With the arrival of the Budapest Kodiaks, the VHLE is set to witness the fierce determination and passion that this city can bring to the game of hockey. Get ready for a wild ride!" – Gergely Karacsony, Mayor of Budapest

image.png.3fcac54905b5f0028cf8d658685fe9f9.png

Lastly, in the VHL, we introduce the Regina Rangers, a team representing the vibrant city of Regina, located in the heart of Saskatchewan, Canada. Saskatchewan always seems to be left out of major sport leagues and I think as a current resident of Saskatchewan, I think it is time to finally get us into the big leagues. The Rangers embody the spirit of the prairies, known for their toughness, resilience, and passion for hockey. The city of Regina has a strong hockey tradition, and we have no doubt that the Rangers will build a loyal and devoted fan base. Their presence will bring an added level of competition to the league, as they battle it out with established teams for glory on the ice.

"The Regina Rangers embody the heart and soul of Saskatchewan hockey. Their presence in the VHL will bring a new level of toughness and grit to the league. Brace yourselves for some fierce battles on the ice!” – Sandra Masters, Mayor of Regina

“Residents of Saskatchewan would sure be excited to see an expansion like this come to the prairies in the next few years.”

image.png.93aaabcfc9723b0ee985ab5d4417b313.png   image.png.fa7fc368728c2bc5223df79c6c511d52.png

(I don't know which one I like more)

Feel free to let me know :) 

The addition of these expansion teams not only expands our leagues but also creates new opportunities for players, coaches, and fans alike. It opens doors for fresh and new talent to shine and introduces new rivalries that will captivate the hockey world. I am committed to nurturing the growth of these teams and ensuring a level playing field for all participants.

I can't wait to see the Seattle Supersonics, Budapest Kodiaks, and Regina Rangers take to the ice, bringing their unique styles and stories to our leagues. The future of hockey is bright, and I am honored to be a part of this exciting journey as Commissioner, even if it's just for one day. Let's lace up our skates, embrace the new teams, and continue to push the boundaries of what our sport can achieve!