Logan and Izumi phone call

WildfireMicro

"99 reps... 100 reps!" Logan says as he works on his arms in the team gym with the bicep curls With the Malmo Nighthawks getting on a bit of a hot streak, Logan has felt more motivated to work out. Not that he has not felt motivated to improve, the hot streak just gave him a bit more fuel to this motivation. He was just about to go to the treadmill when he gets a call from his wife Izumi "hey honey! Are you home from the meeting?"

"Unfortunately no, it got delayed because our boss hit a traffic jam" Izumi sighs "he should have gotten here early if he is our boss I know, but he said that he overslept so I guess I can understand that" 

"Oh. Well I can go ahead and buy some gas to get started on the lawn if you want. I just need to get home from the gym."

"Oh, did you break your rep record of 200?" 

"No unfortunately" Logan shrugs "I doubt I could do that on the bench press unless I really push myself past my limits, and I am scared that I'll hurt myself if I do that"

"Yeah I understand, we need to keep you healthy so you can get making money and keep getting better at the game" Izumi smiles 

"Heh, funny that you said 'makimg money's first" Logan smirks

"Don't you start with me. You and I know that moving cost us a lot of the money we had, so earning some more should be a big concern" Izumi says as she looks at her watch and taps on her notebook with her pen, her boss still not having arrived at the meeting yet "I am obviously not saying that it is more important then your dreams, I just want us to be able to live comfortably is all"

"Yeah I get it honey don't worry" Logan smiles as he gets on the treadmill "so do you want me to go home and start on the lawn or not?"

"No please wait for me, there is a very specific way that I want that lawn mowed, and your dad's old mower may not cut it this time"

"Yeah I get that" he begins to jog on the treadmill "so how long do you think I can jog this time?"

"Probably half an hour" Izumi guessed before her boss finally showed up for the meeting over an hour late "ok gotta go, boss is here. Love you Logan!"

"Love you too, Izumi" Logan says as they hang up. As he works out, he sees some of his teammates entering the gym getting ready for thier workouts. "Hey can one of you guys help spot me? I almost bench pressed by myself before I thought better of it"

"Oh sure Logan" one of them said before they both went to the bench press area "so how have things gone between you and the new wife?"

"Things could not be better on my opinion. She is perfect for me" Logan smiles as he prepares to do a few reps "and no she did not tell me to say that, that is how I really feel"

"Well I understand that Logan" the teammate smiled "Now get started, these gains won't get themselves..."

Edited by WildfireMicro