Castle holding down the fort

animal74

Going into his third season, Toronto Legion goalie Joel Castle knew he would have to take his game to the next level for Toronto to have a chance at making the playoffs after a couple of seasons at the bottom of the North American Conference. Castle has not only upped his game but he has been one of the best goaltenders in the entire VHL for the first half of S89. He is currently 2nd among starters with an amazing 0.934 save percentage and 4th among starters with a 2.33 goals against average. In fact, he has been in the Top-5 of those categories all season. He is also among league leaders with three shutouts. The problem is the Legion have been one of the lowest scoring teams in the league despite being 6th in goals against which has translated to only 12 wins for the team and 8 for Castle’s record.

I just have to push myself to be even better if we want to climb the standings,” said Castle after a team skate. “And the team is working on the offensive side of things. I can’t score goals, obviously, but I can stop even more to give us a better chance of winning.