Could Oven Be On the Move?

Doomsday

Could Oven Be On the Move?

Ottawa Senators snap 2 game losing streak | CTV Ottawa News

OTTAWA - It goes without saying that this season has not gone at all the way that the Ottawa Lynx have expected or hoped it would, and the hits just keep coming. On the heels of their fourth straight loss, they sit at 9th in the VHLM, just one point ahead of the last place Miami Marauders. Despite engineering a roster expected to compete, it simply hasn't come together on the ice, especially for defenseman YaBoi Oven. Expected to be a major contributor for an Ottawa team looking to make a big run, he and the Lynx as a whole have struggled offensively. Making matters worse for the Hungarian prospect, rumors are swirling with the trade deadline approaching tomorrow that he could be traded by Ottawa.

"There's nothing I can do about it," said Oven in response to questions about trade rumors. "All I can do is work hard, do my best to improve and help my team get back on track. If I get traded, then I get traded. The sweater I'm wearing isn't going to change the level of effort I'm going to put forth at all."

A defenseman of YaBoi Oven's caliber would certainly draw a big return, which could limit which teams could ultimately make an offer for the massive blue liner. His offensive struggles could be another factor, but there is also the possibility a change in scenery could improve that. However, what remains clear is that YaBoi Oven is going to continue to work hard at being the best player he can be, regardless of where he ends up finishing this VHLM season.

Jethro Novacek is a writer for the MSFL Times, the premium purveyor of simulation sports news. He enjoys a quality watermelon, thrilling races at Silverstone, and classic American muscle cars.