if sadie had too much control

sadie

If I was commissioner for a day, there are a number of things I would like to do. First of all, the New York Americans' branding makes me sad, but I don't really want to change it as is (sorry thad for continually insulting nya). The Americans should be removed from America and relocated to Montréal because they should have a team. While I'm at it, I also need to take Mississauga and put them in Burlington, Vermont. I would be ashamed of myself if I didn't bring VHL(or M) hockey to two of my favorite places. I would also like to change the tan in Seattle's color scheme to a color that isn't awful like a green, blue, or purple. I think something could be done better with the Geneva Rush and Vasteras Iron Eagles logos too; there is just a lot more potential for a more imposing/impressive design. 

I do actually think that something needs to change in relation to the VHLE, because the general stagnation that you see happening there with inactive players is not good for the VHL as a whole. I had an awesome time while playing there, but I don't think everyone shares that. So, because I can, I would merge the two leagues, VHLM and VHLE. Some may argue that having such a high TPE cutoff would, perhaps significantly, lower retention because of the high skill gap between players coming into the league and those ready to make the jump to the VHL, but I would argue that it sets up what one can expect from the VHL, with players often coming up at around 400 TPE and playing against people with 1000+. Wherever you are, you won't be the best when you're just starting and honestly, that's a smaller difference in the newly merged league. 

But we need other ways to retain our members. Above all, we need to make sure that they don't create their player, write a media spot, and then wonder why they're doing it and slip into inactivity. We need to add more ways to engage throughout the week, and although there is tons of great content put out by individual members, I think expanding the VSN and VSN Illustrated sections of this league could do wonders. Having that kind of really well structured, and just well-made content is great and having as much of it as possible and advertising it on the front page of the forum more prominently. We also need to ensure that our new users don't fizzle out as a result of a inactive locker room, which is often the only real avenue of communication at first, as it isn't as easy to start a conversation on the forum and talking in the big VHL server can seem daunting. 

Moving on to some more fun and quality of life things, I'd like to have more opportunities for TPE based on quality of work. If we're being totally honest, there is some writing and art (and podcasts too I totally didn't almost forget) that stands out as far above the rest, and there also exists submitted work on the other end of the spectrum. Now, I'm not going to advocate that PTs be reviewed, because that would add so much undue stress and be hell for the updaters or whoever decided that. But we should have themed competitions fairly often as an opportunity for extra TPE, perhaps voted on by the community the following week. It would be cool to implement a way to see your players point's against each team, perhaps a filter system on the player page where you can set by team and season to see those respective stats. And while we are at it, make the player pages more customizable with a couple of featured articles/graphics/podcasts set by the user (which should be on the user profiles as well) and also put in a way to write a summary of the player and as the famous @kirbithan suggested, pictures! Last thing would be to give a little bit of TPE for 'winning the day' for say every 3, or 5 days won. It would reward consistent and high engagement. At this point it would probably be like a couple minutes to midnight so I would pack up my things and give up my office to one of these other prospective commissioners, as long as it is one who thinks the New York Americans branding needs changing.

W changes W sadie W commish

seriously though, love the ideas you’ve presented in this media spot and fantastic explanations as to why you’ve chosen them!! (nic petan/10)