Return of the Rin - Press Conference

Rin

15 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Do you want player questions or user questions?

Do user ones count for press conference TPE? If so, either or is totally fine by me

14 minutes ago, Kagamine said:

Do user ones count for press conference TPE? If so, either or is totally fine by me

Yeah they're fine!

1. How've you been in the past couple years?

2. What've you been up to? Anything new and interesting?

3. Have you had time to look around the VHL since your return? What stands out to you as being very different from when you left before?

4. What's your goals for this stint in the league, and/or for your player?

5. Will you give me baseball bets again with 100% certainty that they'll win?

6. Pls save the merch store?

3 hours ago, Spartan said:

Yeah they're fine!

1. How've you been in the past couple years?

2. What've you been up to? Anything new and interesting?

3. Have you had time to look around the VHL since your return? What stands out to you as being very different from when you left before?

4. What's your goals for this stint in the league, and/or for your player?

5. Will you give me baseball bets again with 100% certainty that they'll win?

6. Pls save the merch store?

1) Lots of ups and downs, though that seems like a cop-out answer. Roughly a month ago I got to experience my first round of layoffs, so now we're riding that sweet, sweet unemployment train. I was, however, in the building for game 5 of the cup finals, and watching Vegas win live trumps everything that happened job-wise. Employment is temporary, but that cup win is forever.

2) Recently I've been digging into NHL 2k11 on Dolphin, which was the hockey game I mostly grew up playing. It was my first "sim league" experience in a way, my brother and I would create teams to fill with fake players, take control of one as the "GM" and see which teams would win in CPU vs CPU games.

Only now, I've been modding textures to create completely custom logos and uniforms. I'm changing the ice texture to reflect league logos and in-universe sponsors. I've even found a tool that allows you to make roster updates by updating a CSV, which I can build off of to programmatically update players' attributes. Lots of cool stuff going on, only recently completed my own team's home uniform (after figuring out how to do it all)!

https://i.imgur.com/iQkZo3U.mp4

3) Not a ton, unfortunately, but the IMMEDIATE thing that sticks out is how VHLM waiver claims look. I totally get the logistics of moving the pitches and team-joining to the portal, rather than having to post and kind of "snipe" players as a GM. I do really miss how creative those threads would get though, with GMs creating whole graphics and pitches that helped make the league feel alive. This waiver signing felt really impersonal, but I can definitely connect the reasoning on why it changed.

4) Honestly, to just relax and have a creative outlet. I've tried to do way too much and got way too involved in the past, when the whole reason I joined to begin with was to get into a roleplay-ish headspace as a hockey player in a fictional league. My only goal is to completely avoid obligations- fun hobbies should be fun hobbies, not second jobs. I shouldn't feel bad for deciding to take breaks, failing to max earn, or passing on league jobs.

5) The "again" is throwing me for a LOOP, I genuinely don't remember this being a thing. I was definitely going through a baseball phase around the time I left, but I don't remember what this is referring to specifically LOL

6) Oh god, the merch store.... I don't know what I'm at liberty to say, since a lot of that talk was done in BoG and such, but there were some huge logistical flaws with it that basically killed it before it ever got a chance. Was definitely a huge source of frustration to find out that something I was passionate about improving was a concept kind of doomed to fail.

It could work, but there are some MAJOR hurdles that need to be cleared first. And I don't blame anyone for not wanting to tackle them.