Games: 434-446

VHL Games

Game 438 - Vancouver Wolves vs. Los Angeles Stars

Welcome to the battle of the monochromes! This NA conference battle has the winning Wolves and the struggling Stars face each other. While the uniforms on the ice were colourless, the game definitely wasn't. Whatever that means. Longtime Wolves goalie B-VAN G1 and longtime Stars goalie Art Vandelay were in between the pipes for each of their teams. To get the action started, Sirdsvaldis Miglaskems scored just past the 4 minute and a half mark on the powerplay to give the Stars an early lead. However, less than two minutes later, the Wolves responded with a goal from Oreo McFleury. These were the only goals in the first period, meaning we were heading into the second tied.

During the first intermission, the Stars mascot played with local business mascots in a mascot hockey game against a local U8 hockey team. The mascots were dominant in a 24-0 score effort with the Stars mascot having 6 goals, 5 assists, 5 PIM, and 10 hits.

The second period was very quiet with Pearce scoring to break the tie. Now you might be wondering why I am only saying the last name. That's because I want you to guess whether it's Calix or Nico. Well, you're probably just gonna skip doing that so I'll tell you; it was Nico at the 10:42 mark giving the Wolves a 2-1 lead.

The second intermission featured a Zamboni race. I still have no idea how three zambonis were able to race across the ice without any issues. I also have no idea why the Stars have three zambonis available.

The last period was also very quiet except for one goal by Dogwood Maple. This gave the Wolves a 3-1 lead. Both goalies would perform very well but B-VAN G1 was the standout allowing only 1 goal out of 36 shots. However, Art Vandelay also had a good showing with 33 out of 36 shots saved.