predictions for how the season will end (EU)

sadie

My predictions for S89's end of regular season standings in the European Conference are as follows- 

1. HC Davos Dynamo At this point, I think Davos should be able to hold on and secure the best record in the league. They have so many weapons and an absolute wall in net to make up for the rest. Save for a complete breakdown, I don't see Davos losing until the semifinals at least.

2. Moscow Menace The trio of Ronan Lavelle, Hammar Voss, and Tomas Sogaard have taken this team far, but I don't think they can overcome Davos, just a more deep team. I do think the race for the Victory Cup will tighten as we near 72 games played, and I predict a one-point away heartbreaker for Moscow. However, come playoffs, they will be an absolute force if their star players are on.

3. Riga Reign Riga hopes to avoid wildcard drama this time around with an even better team than they've put forward the last few years. They've got an awesome young core with The Frenchman having an outstanding season and Brian Kowalski leading them on defense, with every defenseman award in their sights. 6 points clear of Prague currently.

4. London United They are currently only four points behind Prague, and hope of catching Riga is fading fast given the Reign's good fortune lately. London seems to be set up for a battle for home ice advantage in the wild card playoff, and I can't see them dropping off below Warsaw or beating Riga. I always have London on my radar for a playoff run now.

5. Prague Phantoms It's essentially the same story as London, except they have a much better chance of catching Riga. Prague is on the latter end of their window and I think they just fall short to London.

6. Warsaw Predators It's not looking up for Warsaw this year, but with the loss of Brendan Marner, some saw this coming. The only battle standings-wise is with Malmo at this point, barring an extremely low chance run.

7. Malmo Nighthawks Same story as Warsaw here, their playoff hopes are fading if they continue in their current form but with a bit better chances. I think Warsaw overcomes those three points though and wins that.

8. Helsinki Titans This is a disappointing season for Helsinki, with another disappointing finish looming but a good lottery pick! It looks like a last place finish, and Helsinki needs to turn this around soon and open a window.