Apathy As Arsenic Lethargy As Lead

McWolf

(I wasn't listening to any music while writing, but that's the last song I had on. FFO avant-garde black metal? Something like that.)

Name: Sunset Moth
Position: D
Number: 73
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160 lbs
Minor team: Mississauga Hounds

Sunset Moth is a very human defensewoman hailing from the Isle of Man, a tiny island situated between England and Ireland that's apparently recognized as an independent nation by the VHL. She's primarily known as a pass-first defensive defenseman, strangely physical for her petite stature. She has named Hall of Famer defenseman Joseph McWolf as a player she looked up to growing up and has modeled her game mostly after him.

Strengths

Defensive positioning: It feels as if Sunset Moth is very rarely caught off of her position. She knows where to go to block passing lanes, to block good shot angles. It's as if she has a sixth sense that lets her know where the players are exactly around her.

Shot blocking: For a tiny m--human, I meant human. For a tiny human, Sunset Moth seems like she covers a lot of area. She's deceptively good at blocking shots from opponents. That aspect of her game goes hand in hand with her knack for effective defensive positioning.

Skating: Sometimes, when you look at her, it feels like Moth is actually floating. She's not, I swearing she's skating. Her feet are just moving so fast that you can't really tell if they're moving or not, creating the illusion that she floats on the ice, not touching it.

Weaknesses

Scoring: The defensive defenseman has never been a strong goal scorer. She doesn't have the offensive vision necessary to see the passing lanes she's so good at cutting on the other side of the ice, and she lacks the arm strength to shoot the puck hard enough to have any shot to go past the goaltender. Really her best way to score a goal would be to join the rush, especially considering she'd probably be fast enough to cover her defensive position afterwards, but she's just not used to do it and rarely jump on the opportunity.

Leadership: Sunset Moth is especially timid and lacks the social skills necessary to lead a squad of testosterone filled humans twice her size. While her scoring weakness is something she's bound to get better at as she gets used to the VHL play, this particular issue is rooted too deep to probably ever change. Don't draft her to be your captain.

Training consistency: Moth has been known to slack off in training. She knows she shouldn't but sometimes she's just not motivated enough, and she simply doesn't do it. There is sadly nothing to guarantee she won't simply decide to never train again at some point of her career.

Edited by McWolf