Shubham Anand Postseason Interview

Will3

We have set down with Indian VHLE star player Shubham Anand.  We asked the Geneva Rush player about how he feels about this  season, how confident is he going into the playoffs, what he must improve going foward,what are his plans for next season and more.

The S89 regular season is over. The VHLE was a big step up that some people say you didn't adjust to gracefully. How do you feel about your performance this season?

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. A forty point year is nothing to sneeze at. What I am unhappy about is the fact I barely performed any better in Geneva than I did in Vasteras. I really thought that I would perform better for the better hockey club. I was wrong and have much work yet to do if I am going to be ready for the VHL.

What are some of the attributes that you must work on if you are going to be ready for the jump to the big league. 

I have had a negative plus/minus rating this season and I must fix  that if I ever to make the jump to the VHL. The two aspect that I need the most are my scoring and defense. I have had a ok goal scoring numbers with seventeen total goals. I feel like I can do better in the regard. My defensive skills are not my main focus but are going to be necessary to reduce the amount of times I am scored on. My passing seems fine and my puck handling feels like a secondary skill that anything else.

The playoffs are coming up. The Rush managed to finish second in the league. How confident are you that the Rush can do what hasn't happened yet and take home the Renaissance Cup?

In short, very. We have one the deepest foward core in the league with Zyn and Dank leading the way. Defense is just as solid with Big B and my friend, Fradin McGryer leading on the blue line. Are netminders are probably the weakest part of the team, however they should be strong enough to not slow us down. All of us believe that this is our year and the Cup is ours for the taking. 

The VHL as a whole turned 16 a couple of days ago. How do you feel about that?

Happy Birthday, VHL. It is a little crazy to think that this league could last for so long. Thanks to everyone who spent their time keeping this league alive. I wouldn't be here without their sacrifice.

One last thing. Rumors are swirling around that you intend to stay with the Rush for next season. Is this true?

Yes. I do intend to stay in the VHLE next season. If I am ever going to become a successful VHL star, my game is going to need significant work. Thus, my VHL GM and me decided to spend next season in the VHLE developing my game is the best option for me going foward.

Thanks for sitting down with us and answering our questions. Good luck in the playoffs.

Thanks.