VHL Turns 16

Knight

VHL Turns 16

It's pretty crazy to think that this sim league is still going to this day - 16 years later. It now really feels like a lifetime ago that Sterling and myself were fighting to keep the league alive only for Jardy and Victor to show up and help take the league from death's door to the most prosperous sim league at the time. At the end of the day, I was just a kid trying to do what I thought was best for the league. Ironically, the ethos of that still exists to this day. No one here is paid to do this, we do this because we have a fondness and passion for the community that's been created over the many years. 16 years in fact. 16 long years. The number still blows my mind. My first sim league was before the age of 16, yet the VHL has existed for longer than that. It's quite intimidating to be a member of this league these days as so few of the people I knew are still here and active. However, it's definitely been worth rekindling my interest in sim leagues since the VHL is still around. If it wasn't, I wouldn't be a part of them. Happy Birthday VHL. You deserve many many drinks.

On 7/23/2023 at 9:24 PM, Knight said:

It's quite intimidating to be a member of this league these days as so few of the people I knew are still here and active.

I’ll also say that it was like that for me for a while whenever I saw someone from a long time ago come back. You see someone’s name on an award or in a HoF article without knowing them and then suddenly they’re here…first-gen me did some amount of fangirling over a few people and it was probably really weird. 

I’m not sure what the league was really like back in the day, but I know it’s changed quite a bit. I’m glad to hear that it’s still a cool place to be despite that.