Bring the Heat & Play-off random thoughts?

Gaikoku-hito

Sweltering Heat Wave GIF by Jon Hanlan

Summer time heat; while I would like to say that I enjoy the summer that isn`t really the case here in Japan when we hit stupidly high temperatures like last week when we hit 45C. Which makes todays temperature of 38C feel rather cool. I am happy to report that I am off from teaching due to the fact that is summer break or otherwise I would most likely be in the Hospital for heat stroke.

How do you break the heat at this time of year?

Do you actually enjoy the heat or do you like me miss the cold? Only to say when it is cold that you miss the heat!! (Actually, I prefer to be cold since it is easier to heat up than cool down)

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Play-off in the VHL is now full swing but I am currently finding tough to actually follow; maybe due to the wildcard games being played and the first round just starting but I think it has to do with the current weather outside, no actual hockey being played and yes, I am busy even though I am off work atm. Anyone else finding a bit of lack of interest in the league at the moment?

Wave Flirting GIF by Justin

Bears watch out; Yes, I have a feeling that New York will give Seattle a mouth full in the first round and I can see a bit of a upset happening here. New York made changes at the deadline like the Bears did a few seasons ago. So this series is where I can see the first big upset of the play-offs.

200.gif

HC Davos must not sleep; Yup, Riga will also be a tough team to beat in the first round and Davos must not think they are the better team otherwise it might be a complete blow out. (Like the first game) It will be interesting series I do think!!

Shot Switzerland GIF by International Ice Hockey Federation

Wide open; I also feel these play-offs are wide open as any one team can win any series and that means anyone can win the Cup this year.

While the favorites are still clearly Moscow, Seattle and Davos!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito