Bogatyrev Addresses Trade Rumours

Bojovnik

MOSCOW, August 3, 2023 (Shaiba.ru) – Another season is in the books for Yaroslav Bogatyrev, but after four unsuccessful seasons with the Seattle Bears, it looks like the Russian forward could be on the move for the first time in his career.

Unconfirmed reports out of Seattle suggest that the big-bodied forward has been put on the trade block after he once again flattered to deceive in the postseason. Bogatyrev managed just six points in six games as the Bears were unceremoniously dumped out of the playoffs by the New York Americans, who were then subsequently swept out of the postseason by the Vancouver Wolves.

The Bears made a bold move by initially selecting Bogatyrev with the second overall pick in the S86 VHL Entry Draft. Many thought that the Bears were taking a risk by selecting Bogatyrev over the likes of Rick Grimes and Fuukka Rask, and it’s fair to say that the Nizhnii Tagil native has yet to live up to the hype.

The so-called “Big Boga” has managed to score just 234 points in 288 regular season games for the Bears, adding a further 29 in 44 playoff games. Many fans grew highly frustrated with Bogatyrev during the S88 run to the Continental Cup Finals, in which the Bears lost in seven games to the London United. Bogatyrev scored just nine points throughout the entire run.

As a result, there are rumblings that the Bears organization is about to call an end to their time with Bogatyrev. According to unconfirmed reports, as many as half a dozen teams have expressed interest in the Russian forward who is set to be entering his prime. Following this news, Shaiba.ru reached out to Bogatyrev, who is currently back in his hometown following the conclusion of the Bears’ season.

“It’s funny how these things come out in the press. It seems like you guys have more of an idea about it than I do. I’m trying to let everything go through my agent. They’ve always had my back and they will provide me with the advice I need to make the right decision. It’s never nice knowing that your team might be looking to ship you out. I feel that I’ve put a lot into my four seasons with the Bears. I’ve given this team my everything, consistently showing up week after week and putting the work in that will help me develop as a player. To then be in a position where, after signing a contract, the team is looking to shop me – it’s not the best position to be in,” Bogatyrev said.

Similar comments were made by Bogatyrev’s agent, Dmitri Zherdev, who raised the issue of Bogatyrev’s no-trade clause which is set to kick in for S90.

“My client has always been committed to the Seattle Bears throughout his career to date. We have had contact with the Bears organization over a potential trade, but there is nothing so far to report. We would like to stress that my client has a contract through S90 with the Seattle Bears that includes a no-trade clause. We reserve the right to impose this no-trade clause as we see fit,” Zherdev remarked.

Edited by Bojovnik