Comparing random VHL teams to Pokemon

WildfireMicro

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with "Comparing random VHL teams to Pokemon"! In this media, which I honestly don't think I will make a series because I just need it now because I'm currently going through a writers block when it comes to Logan Foley's story, we will look through random VHL team logos and comparing them to various Pokemon. There won't be a rhyme or reason as to why I choose the ones I do beyond for the sake of convenience, and this will not be an extensive look over of each VHL team. Maybe I will turn this into a series if I feel like it, but for now let's begin:

Let's begin with my team the Malmo Nighthawks and in terms of hawks we definitely have our pick of the litter. Do you want Talonflame, the flaming bird who is one of the best in Gen 6? Or do you want Hawlucha, the luchador bird? However, in terms of which bird fits the best for this team, the best dark hawk I can think of is Corviknight. This dark black bird is truly a Nighthawk, and no I am not gonna go with a green bird. I mean do you want Xatu?

Next up we have the Vancouver Wolves, and honestly there are a lot of wolf and dog pokemon available. I was gonna go with one of the Legendary wolves from Sword or Shield, but I do not think that their color schemes really fit the logo of Vancouver. So getting away from that, I decided that the pokemon to represent this team would be Absol. The dark wolf represents Disaster, which is appropriate giving the fact that this made a disaster of the sim for three straight titles way back when. Plus, it's Mega Evolution has wings!

Next up is the Seattle Bears, and it seems that it can be easy to say Ursaring, and they would fit the vibe of the logo perfectly enough. I could also say Urshifu who is a legendary fighting bear Pokemon. Also apparently Snorlax is a bear Pokemon according to Google? I guess that makes sense when you consider how long they sleep. But in the end, Ursaring just fits too well to not choose them.

Next up is the Toronto Legion, and while you can say that Lugia might fit them, there is no pokemon that fits this logo better than Articuno, the Legendary ice bird Pokemon from the very first games. The big blue bird has the perfect colors for the team, and Toronto does seem like a place that would be pretty cold, especially in the winter.

And finally we have the D.C. Dragons, and hoo boy there are a lot of dragon Pokemon. Surprisingly not a lot of red dragon Pokemon, unless you count Eternatus. However I'm just gonna go with the dragon Pokemon that has the closest shape to the dragon in the logo, and that is the Legendary dragon Rayquaza. Congratulations D.C., you got the Pokemon that caused so many issues in the competitive scene when the Gen 3 remakes came out! I guess you could also say Shiny Gyarados, but I'm not counting shiny forms.

Alright that is all the comparisons I want to make as of now. I am sorry if I did not get to your team, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless and I hope to see you all on the ice!