Oven Focused On Improvement

Doomsday

Oven Focused On Improvement

Ice-hockey-players.jpg&ehk=AUhQ6kAfGthAI

JUNIOR SHOWCASE TOURNAMENT - The VHLM season is over, the Ottawa Lynx have gone home, but YaBoi Oven has not. Instead, he continues to work on honing his game any way that he can, which currently happens to be the the Junior Showcase Tournament. Through 24 games with the Brigade, Oven has scored five goals and tallied 15 assists for 20 points, along with 45 hits and 23 shots blocked. It's not the domination he has sought, but it is continued progress towards his blossoming potential. On the eve of the Season 90 VHL Draft Lottery, his work continues.

"I really felt like I should have been better in Ottawa," answered Oven following the Brigade's 2-0 victory over the Steel, in which he recorded an assist. "If you want to be a first overall pick, you need to be better than what I was. Be someone who can control the game, influence the outcome of any game, and that's just not what I was with the Lynx. Something about my game needs to change, and I'm hoping to find that here."

Oven struggled to consistently generate offense in the VHLM with Ottawa, although he was able to establish himself as a weapon on the power play. So far at the JST, he has been more consistently involved with producing offensive output, but he has a different idea on having more success at the next level.

"I feel like I need to improve my positioning," added Oven. "I believe that if I can better prepare myself to know where I need to be, and improve my skating ability to get there, then I can create more opportunities offensively and prevent more opportunities defensively. There is always a way to improve, and for me, this is the way."