Bogatyrev Frustrated by Trade Limbo – Agent

Bojovnik

MOSCOW, August 7, 2023 (Shaiba.ru) – Pavel Scherbak, the newly appointed agent of Seattle Bears forward Yaroslav Bogatyrev, said on Monday that his client was “frustrated” after his team reportedly put him on the trade block, adding that Bogatyrev was in two minds whether to report for the team’s training camp ahead of the S90 season.

Last week, two unconfirmed sources informed Shaiba.ru that the Seattle Bears management had offered Yaroslav Bogatyrev as part of potential trades. The Bears, who were dumped unceremoniously out of the S89 playoffs by the New York Americans at the Conference Semi-Final stage, appear to be entering a period of retooling following the retirements of forwards Tavish DeGroot, Hulk Hogan 2, and goaltender Cole Pearce.

Bogatyrev, who is in his prime years, is likely to be one of Seattle’s top trade chips, alongside S87 center Randy Bobandy. However, the Russian-born forward was highly frustrated to learn through the media that his team was shopping him.

“I think it’s rather disrespectful for any player to find out first in the press that they are being shopped, rather than having the team reach out first to find out about their status. After discussing this matter with my client, it was clear that they felt pressured into accepting a move that they were against, and after four seasons of service, one would expect to be treated better by their team,” Scherbak said.

Bogatyrev has been with the Bears since his rookie season in S86. The second-overall pick has flattered to deceive during his time with the North American team, although the Nizhnii Tagil native set career highs in goals, points, shots on goal, +/-, and hits this past season. Despite these efforts, Bogatyrev has been a common target of the ire of Bears fans throughout their recent postseason failures.

“Despite what the fans say, my client has always been a committed member of the Seattle Bears. Throughout the past four seasons, he has given the team his all. He has played in every role asked by him from the coach, he’s worked extensively hard on improving his two-way game following inputs from the team’s coaching staff, who tried to get him away from playing his natural game. All this to, as he’s entering his prime, cast him aside as part of a so-called retooling period, seems to be signs of very poor character,” Scherbak said.

“At the end of the day, my client has expressed a desire to remain in Seattle. That is why Yaroslav signed an extension with the Bears ahead of the trade deadline, and that’s why we demanded a no-trade clause be added into the contract to cement his position on the Bears roster. Yaroslav is one of the top players in the VHL, he adds value across the board, and he makes a significant contribution across all three zones. However, my client views team success as the most important goal. If, after all of this, Seattle are not in a place to compete, my client will likely not appear for training camp and we will review our options,” Scherbak concluded.

Sounds like Seattle doesn't deserve such loyalty from a player like Bogatyrev.  Hopefully they land with a team that will appreciate the dedication.