VHLM Draft Combine Culture Fits

Velevra

VHLM Draft Combine Culture Fits

I was excited to head into the VHLM Draft Combine to participate in some draft interviews. To my surprise all the teams had some interesting questions to gauge culture fit. Here were my takeaways for each team:

San Diego Marlins: Their coach apparently likes to have players trade their flippers for skates during practice so they can swim through the ice like... fish out of water? I guess they won the cup, so the practice paid off.

Mexico City Kings: These royal rulers of the rink are always ready to serve up a fiesta on ice. With their mandatory pre-game taco feasts, I worry I may need to take some bathroom breaks during the games though.

Houston Bulls: This team sure loves their physical play. The GM made it very clear I need to be prepared charging onto the ice like a bull in a china shop – or rather, a hockey rink.

Las Vegas Aces: These high-rolling aces are betting on their skills to win the jackpot. They believe in going all in every play and when we lose, we must all blame Simon for dealing us a "bad hand"?

Saskatoon Wild: From the wilds of Saskatchewan, players on this team aren’t allowed to shave their beards all season. Also we must break into a howling chorus after a goal – it's all part of the wilderness vibe.

Philadelphia Reapers: My former team! The reapers are here to harvest goals and take no prisoners and also do weekly team scary movie nights.

Ottawa Lynx: The coach is big on prowling the ice to be ready to pounce on any loose pucks. And also practice drills where we chase laser pointers around.

Mississauga Hounds: These hounds are hot on the scent of victory, and they're not about to let the competition escape. I was sold about this fit but I’m unsure about the post-game tail-wagging celebrations!

Miami Marauders: I’m already bought into the culture in Miami just need to always talk like a pirate, score goals and take home the championship. I mean plunder goals and take home the treasure chest.

Halifax 21st: These guys are big into analytics who needs the 20th century when you've got the 21st on your side? These players are armed with the best of modern technology, I just hope they don’t replace me with an AI.