Around the League -Payne's final season

Scurvy

The Off-season is officially on us in the VHL and it usually makes it the toughest time to find stuff to write about.  So for this weeks Around the League in 500 words I will probably talk about some random shit,  my final season before re-create, and probably talk shit about Rip Wheeler’s useless ass. 

BRIAN PAYNE’S FINAL SEASON

It seems like just yesterday when I was surfing the internet and found this SIM league called Victory Hockey League.  I searched the website and hemmed and hawed about creating a player.  I probably clicked the link twenty times before committing to making what I hoped to be a solid stay and home defender. 

After getting my email from the league and stood by as the offers to sign as a free agent began.  I am not going to lie, it was pretty cool.  Then the work began.  After a bit of a learning curve I was taken in by the VHL community and started earning.  Next, the draft which I watched on Twitch while eating dinner with my family. (They called me a nerd).  Drafted late, I spent the next season in the VHLE which to me was a very fun experience.  

Arriving in the VHL was amazing and after two season I was blessed with winning a Cup in Warsaw.  And after a Cup loss this season to my rival Jake Thunder I realized I am hungry for more cup wins and still love playing this SIM league.  This is my final season, so I am happy to take it all in and enjoy it.  I am with a great crew in Vancouver with a very active locker room and some outstanding people.  They certainly make the Wolves feel like a TEAM and I am proud to play for them.  I am hoping we can get another run at a Cup before Payne hangs em up.   

So, what’s next after retirement.   Well, I plan to make another player and try to max earn again.  I have gone back and forth on whether to make another defender, which is the position I played and the one I feel best about but part of me wants to make a forward like all-time great Duncan Idaho, who was tearing up the league when I first joined. Time will tell but I am leaning toward another defender

A sincere thanks to all who have helped Payne along the way and to those that make this league so great.  

RIP WHEELER WTF

Since joining the VHL I have recruited three players.  First, was Davos legend and future HOF Defenseman, Jake Thunder @Thunder.  Next, was another friend named Ort who languished in the VHLM and never did much.  Finally, there is Rip Wheeler @ScottyP.  Rip is currently playing for Calgary on the top line with some elite players, yet he finished the season as Thunder puts it, “A giant shit sack.” 

Now I work with Wheeler, so I bust his balls constantly to earn TPE.  Mainly because I want my recruitment TPE to ease my wounds from depreciation.  BUT I have to wait for 29 more TPE for him to get to 500 for my damn TPE.  And at the rate he is earning it won’t be soon.  SO here I am trying to shame him into writing a media spot or something to speed the process.