The scouts might get it wrong, but ChatGPT is always right

jRuutu

THE S90 VHL draft is coming up. Many VHL teams and their scouts are busy at work. When we think about drafting, I think a lot of VHL teams get it wrong when they focus on skill alone. Too many want to play it safe by picking the best player now. It takes skill and talent to recognize potential and it takes even more skill and talent, and hard work to develop that potential. But what can you do when you have a limited amount of resources and so many players to look at? You utilize all the tools available to you.

After feeding the good friend of humanity, ChatGPT, with data on the S90 draftees, I have in return received a list containing the names of ten players with the most potential.

1.Xiver Zilla
2.Vladimir Kozlov
3.WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
4.Walter Fitzroy Jr
5.Severus Targaryen
6.Raimo Tuominen
7.Martin Kemp
8.Maxim Anisimov
9.Henri Dahl
10. Jussi Jokinenegg

I am now going to analyze the rosters of the teams who will be picking in the Top-10 to determine how accurate the picks could be.

:hel: 1. Xiver Zilla, 305 TPE center to Helsinki.  The Titans are looking for young prospects for pretty much every single position as they have only three prospects in the system. The centers Helsinki has in the VHL roster are welfare centers, so Zilla could very well be the first-line center in the Helsinki lineup in the near future.  Accuracy rating: 100%

:tor: 2. Vladimir Kozlov, 133 TPE winger to Toronto.  When we are talking about raw potential, Kozlov is as raw as it gets, which makes him the perfect player for Toronto who is in "win now" mode. Kozlov gets to develop in peace as the Legion keeps on running after the cup. Toronto's prospect pool is also a lot deeper than many other VHL teams, which makes it likely that Toronto is looking to gamble a little.  Adding a player like Kozlov at 2nd overall has very few downsides, in the worst-case scenario Kozlov is sacrificed to the sim gods, which could in return greatly increase the chances of Toronto winning the cup. Accuracy rating: 100%

:chi: 3. WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, 261 TPE goalie to Chicago.  The Phoenix is in desperate need of a goalie, the current goalie Freeze is retiring soon and they have nobody in the system, so WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW is exactly what Chicago is looking for, an active player with tons of potential. Accuracy rating: 100%

:dcd: 4. Walter Fitzroy Jr, 306 TPE defender to D.C Dragons. Shakamoto and Shaw are veteran defenders, which means the Top-4 has a spot opening shortly.  When I compare Fitzroy Jr to other young defender prospects in the Dragons system, he has by far the most potential. When D.C. adds a player like Fitzroy Jr into their lineup, their defensive unit is one of the best in the league, and that is more than enough to win championships. Accuracy rating: 100%

:war: 5. Severus Targaryen, 287 TPE center to Warsaw.  The team from Poland is not in a good place at the moment, top players were traded away and the prospect pool is not full of top-level prospects. Targaryen would be the perfect piece for Warsaw to build around, especially when taking into consideration that Targaryen would not look out of place in Warsaw now already, which just shows the potential Severus has. Top prospect center into an organization that is going through a rebuild? Accuracy rating: 100%

:mal:6. Raimo Tuominen, 288 TPE winger to Malmo.  The situation in Malmo is quite similar to that in Toronto, Malmo has a deep roster focused on winning now. That leaves a lot of breathing room for prospects to develop in peace. Tuominen would be a great addition to a prospect pool with few quality winger prospects already looking to make their way into the VHL roster.  Jensen in the middle and Tuominen in the wing? That sounds almost like it's true already. Accuracy rating: 100%

:rig: 7. Martin Kemp, 263 TPE winger to Riga.   What I like about Kemp is that he is not afraid to get physical. That is exactly what Riga needs. By the time Kemp is ready to enter into VHL, the Riga roster should have a few roster spots open in the forward section. Kemp gets to watch Reign chase the cup and learn from top players, an ideal place for young Kemp. When Kemp reaches their full potential, I see them being a first-line player in VHL. Accuracy rating: 100%

:cal: 8.  Maxim Anisimov, 310 TPE winger to Calgary.  The Wranglers are a team going through a rebuild, which automatically means there are spots open for taking. When I look at the winger section, there is a real need for top-level prospects and that is exactly what Calgary will get in Anisimov. Accuracy rating: 100%

:mos:9. Henri Dahl, 96 TPE winger to Moscow.  Another team that is also potentially entering a rebuild of some sort soon, the stars are getting on the older side, and for that reason, Dahl is the right fit. Moscow is known for having the ability to turn narratives around, Dahl might look like a duck now, but a few years in Moscow and you see a bear. That is the mystery of "potential", you need a real eye for it and you need hard work. Moscow now has access to both. Accuracy rating: 100%

:rig:10. Jussi Jokinenegg, 153 TPE winger to Riga.  When analyzing raw potential, Jussi is not far behind Kozlov at 2nd overall. Jokinenegg has a huge frame, that reach of his will be a nightmare to play against. I think Riga will get an excellent penalty killer from Jussi and we all know how huge special teams are especially in the playoffs. Smart GMs know what they want and they want what they know. Accuracy rating: 100%.

It is worth mentioning that I am not a scout of any VHL team and I have never been a scout, but I have been in VHL for a few years already, I have gone through a few drafts myself. For that reason and thanks to the work done by ChatGPT, I strongly believe that if any TPE tasks ask you to pick the correct order of the S90 VHL draft, the above-mentioned list has an estimated 100% accuracy rating.

1047 words

7-13.8

14.8 - 20.8