Logan and his dad talk on the phone about Seattle

WildfireMicro

Logan Foley has just gotten done moving a bunch of kitchen utensils into the cabinet in his new house when his cellphone rang "hey dad, what's up?"

"So you were traded all the way to Seattle?" His dad Jack Foley answers "you really are getting us big frequent flyer miles from us having to go to a few of your games, but at least now you're slightly closer in the USA now" 

"Yeah, and so far I really love the coffee and the various technology I have seen around the city."

"Have you been inside the space needle yet?"

"No we haven't, but we've been planning on it when we get an opportunity." Logan says while pouring himself a glass of water "For whatever reason though, I have vague memories of it just pop up when I saw it again during the drive to my new house"

"Well, I guess I forgot to tell you this story" Jack began to explain "when you were... Well, I want to say 2 and a half, we all took a trip to Seattle and we took you up into the space needle. You were absolutely terrified because I made the mistake of accidentally letting you look down out of the window"

"Yeah I do remember crying a lot." Logan says sheepishly "but how did you and mom call me down?"

"Well this is the interesting part: a Seattle Bears player was there doing a media conference when everyone there heard you cry. He was a really nice guy and gave you a hockey puck to hold. You must have thought it was cool, because you stopped crying when you held it. Never caught his name somehow, wasn't big into VHL hockey outside of local teams"

"Hmm that is cool. So maybe I am more connected to the city of Seattle then I thought. Anyways are you still planning to visit us at our new place? And how is mom taking us moving here?" Logan asks as he drank the water.

"Yeah we are planning on it eventually, but we gotta really plan on it. We are both close to retirement though, so we will soon have all kinds of free time on our hands." Jack said as he drank some coffee "and your mother was a bit relieved that you aren't in a foreign country, though I think she did like Sweden, just didn't like traveling outside of the US in general"

"Yeah I get it, it was a bit harrowing living in a different country, but it was easier for me because I lived in Canada before, and I don't even think she has ever lived outside of Long Island."

"She was actually born and raised in Kentucky before going to Long Island for a job and meeting big old me, believe it or not." Jack chuckles as he remembers "only reason she did not have any sign of a country accent is that she lived in northern Kentucky I guess. I didn't even know she was from there before we started dating."

"Heh, she certainly never mentioned much of it to me" Logan shrugs

"Try not to mention it to her, it is a bit of a sore subject to her." Jack warned his son "anyways I'll talk to you later. Love you son"

"Love you dad, see you later"