King Kisslinger Prospect Scouting Report!

King Kisslinger Prospect Scouting Report

Check This Out Tom Hanks GIF

King Kisslinger

Position-C

Age-18

Team-Mexico City

GP-72 G-30 A-47 TP-77

I would like to start by saying I think my player had a great season and I am proud of what I accomplished this season, Mexico was a great team and I learned a lot about myself as a player and I found my best areas and my not-so-good areas. 

It is always good to start positive!!!!

Mental Health Love GIF by Positively Ghostly

I think if you are going to be talking about things you need to improve on, It is super important to talk about things you know you are good at. I feel like this is the healthiest way to approach this and it is a tactic I try to do to keep my mental game strong before we go on the ice. which leads me to my first positive thing or "pro". 

Faceoffs- as a young center, I knew it was essential to focus a lot of my time and training on learning how to become the most effective at winning faceoffs. In most games, I would check I would have won over 50% of faceoffs taken which is fantastic and it will only get better as time went on I recently put a bunch of tpe in faceoffs so that should help too! 

Stickhandling- My favourite NHL player is Patrick Kane so I was inspired to really train my stickhandling and dekes, on the ice I found myself in really prime scoring chances due to my ability to make space with my stick handling. I hired a new trainer for this off-season and I cannot wait to show you the progress I have made!

Not to be a Debbie Downer...

debbie downer GIF

Now it's my time to be a Debbie Downer about myself and not have any fun doing it haha! I do feel like I noticed a few weaknesses or "cons" during the season. 

Shot- I know it looks weird to put my shot here after scoring 30 goals for the first time in my first real season but I only scored 10% of my shots this season. Not terrible but not great, not as good as I want it to be at least. I have been training hard to work on putting the puck away at a more consistent rate. 

Skating- Man sometimes it is hard to move this big body around. Hell, I am 6'8 almost 230, my body gets sore and I get slow. I feel like this also affects how I am on the ice performance-wise. I have been working on my skating by doing Power skating and leg workouts with my new trainer.