Hello Europe - Alexandre Crosby

hockeyis66

With the 25th pick in the S90 VHLE draft, the Stockholm Vikings select, from Italy, winger Alexandre Crosby.  This was the day after the VHL draft in which Crosby was selected 17th overall, the first pick in the second round, to the Helsinki Titans. 

“I learned a lot in my time in Miami and I had great teammates and great GM’s who helped to shape my game in that league, but the time has come for me to move onto the “E” and test my skills out against the talented players in that league.”

Personal Expectations

One of the big things Crosby will work on will be improving his overall game which will include working on his defense, skating and puck handling while continuing to put the puck in the net for his new team.  Stats will not come easy though for Crosby as he will be going up again bigger, stronger and faster players.  Crosby will also need to work on hitting the weight room, eating right and doing aerobic exercises to build his conditioning so he has legs in the third period.  Crosby is coming out of the VHL draft with a chip on his shoulder and that work of proving other teams wrong for passing on him starts in Stockholm by skating hard, back checking like a MF'er, shooting the puck like crazy and getting W's for his team.

“I want to be that player that is out there in all situations whether it be the power play or penalty killing or if its in the last minutes of a game and we either need a goal to win or tie or hold the opposition from scoring.  I would love to come into my first season and be at least a point per game player where I am getting around 35 goals and close to 40 assists.  More importantly, I want to make sure I am a “+” player where the team can count on me defensively to create turnovers and turn them into scoring chances in our end.”

Team Expectations

The Vikings only won 3 games last season so Crosby wants to be a part of the team that has a massive turnaround this season and contends for a playoff spot with the other top end talent the team got in the draft as well as some of the other players from the now defunct teams.

“I want to learn from the more veteran leaders on the team what it takes to be a leader not only on this team but also in the VHL in the future and absorb everything they have to offer both on and off the ice so that I can possess those same leadership and experience skills for my career.  I’d love to be a captain of a team down the road and that leadership learning experience starts the moment I step onto Viking ice.”