Around the League

Scurvy

Well…were almost to the start of another season (and final season for my player).  I am excited and a little melancholy about it too.  From a wandering clueless player to now seems like such a long journey.  I have also been gone all week so haven’t surfed the forum for shit to talk about today, so I am going to wing it. 

RIP WHEELER GIVEN THE A (what is Calgary thinking?)

Well one article I did read today was some ass kissing drivel probably written by his daughter.  Calgary’s very own Rip Wheeler @ScottyPwas named Assistant captain.  Now I know Calgary lost some amazing talent BUT I would have named the puck bag the assistant captain before Rip FUCKING Wheeler.  

I mean let’s just look at this pylon.  In 72 games, and playing on the top line with two legends, he managed to irk out 3 goals and 3 assists.  I mean REALLY!!!  With Daniel Janser on his line, he could fall over into the net and get three goals.  And to add insult to his Mr Wheeler wrote that he wanted to be the next Eric Lindros so lets look at his physicality and commitment to the club. Rip had 72 PIMS and 129 hits.  Not horrible but still nowhere near the animal he always claims he is.  AND THEN>>>> He had 6 blocked shots!!!  I mean 6!.  WTF are you doing Rip?  The only thing that makes sense here is you are deathly afraid of the puck on both ends of the ice.  

Although I did pick you for most improved on predictions as there is no way you can’t double your shit sack stats next season ( I think).  And don’t think I didn’t see your threats to Payne and Thunder @Thunder next season.  Our players might be getting old, but I don’t think it will take much to knock over a pylon.   See you next week on the ice ( and at work). 

GIRTS JOINS VANCOUVER

Girts “the silent assassin” Galvins @Girts joined the Wolves this off-season and Brian Payne could not be happier.  Teammates in the VHLE and then they won a Continental Cup together in Warsaw they hope to ignite the Wolves to another cup in their final seasons.  Girts is a former Kevin Brooks and Dustin Funk trophy winner.  He puts up great numbers to include a 54 goal season in S86.  We will see what line he’s on but either line he will play with the likes of Wann Kerr, Oreo McFleury, Hockley Mann, or Dogwood Maple.  That is very good for a Vancouver team looking to win it all. But what makes the former #17 overall pick in the S82 draft so great is he is the perfect teammate.  While quiet he always is a positive presence in the locker room and makes some bad ass graphics.  

Well, that’s about all I got for this week.  Still need to type a 150 word article for my two TPE.  Look forward to the season y’all..