Ruutu given too much ice time - not able to handle the pressure?

jRuutu

Just like from a chair under the average McDonald's enjoyer, a lot has been asked from Jorma Ruutu. The Finnish center has played on average around 19 minutes per game, which might not sound too much, but when you take into consideration the faceoffs and the playing style of Ruutu - those are heavy minutes. Ruutu himself had this to say after the 6-4 win from Oslo:

"These are tough games, early in the season you are still trying to find your way. We had a long off-season, but training camp is rarely as physically and mentally demanding as regular-season hockey. When I asked for guarantees for my ice time, I was hoping I would get to play in the top 6 for the first two periods, skip the third period completely, and go home early, but these GMs see things differently. Here I am on the ice last minute of the third, winning faceoffs. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to help the team to win and to play a lot, but these games take a lot out of you".

Up next Vasteras has two home games against Bratislava and Rome. Ruutu did not have much to say about the upcoming schedule, but he did comment on getting to play close to home:

"I like playing at home because you get to go home faster".