Whoa, Have we`re halfway there!! Whoa, Living on a prayer? (North American Predictions WK3)

Gaikoku-hito

Halfway through the season and the division are really starting to take shape, or are they? Well, I am back again this week to take a look at what I predicted and what I am going to predict again this week. How much change will we see and I have also added a few different things this week.

Standings:                                                                      Record.                   PTS                   Last WK             Last WK Predictions

1.     :la:   Los Angeles Stars                          29 – 7 – 1              59 pts             (12 – 2 – 1)        Predicted:        🟰   1st  North American Conference

2.     :tor:  Toronto Legion                               24 – 6 – 7              55 pts              (7 – 2 – 4)        Predicted:        🟰   2nd North American Conference

3.     :dcd:   D.C. Dragons                                 25 – 10 – 2            52 pts              (9 – 3 – 1)         Predicted:        🟰   3rd  North American Conference

4.     :que:   Vancouver Wolves                        24 – 11 – 2             50 pts              (12 – 2 – 0)       Predicted:        🔺   5th North American Conference

5.     :sea:   Seattle Bears                                 18 – 15 – 4            40 pts              (6 – 7 – 1)         Predicted:        🔻   4th North American Conference

6.     :chi:   Chicago Phoenix                           15 – 20 – 2            32 pts              (7 – 7 – 0)        Predicted:         🔺    7th North American Conference

7.     :nya:    New York Americans                    10 – 22 – 6            26 pts              (3 – 7 – 4)        Predicted:         🔻    6th North American Conference

8.     :cal:    Calgary Wranglers                        12 – 24 – 1            25 pts              (4 – 8 – 1)        Predicted:          🟰    8th North American Conference

Summary:

Now that Vancouver isn`t playing the best team in the Conference; they have at least shown that they are likely the second-best team in the Conference. Amazing week for the wolf pack with nine straight wins and they jumped Seattle and as mentioned got closer to D.C. Dragons, who continue to play tough hockey. Seattle was the biggest shock of week three starting the week 0-3 and couldn`t mustard much of a recovery continue to play a surprisingly average hockey in a week I predicted they could make up ground. So what are they? A team watching over their shoulders or a team looking to secure a play-off spot? Luckily for them they look secure in the wildcard spot at the half way mark of the season but if Chicago can get hot at any point; Seattle could be in trouble. Let’s also give credit to Chicago; who kept their slim chance of play-off hockey alive by up-setting Toronto, LA & Davos on their way to a fighting record of 7 – 7 – 0 this week.

This weeks Predictions:

1.    :la: Los Angeles Stars               🟰

Reason: No reason that they should cool off as the second part of the season starts with important games against D.C. Dragons at start and the end of the week. But also seeing them match up against European leaders Prague Phantoms and a visit later in the week against Riga Reign. Again, should really only lose maybe a handful of games.

2.    :dcd:   D.C. Dragons                        🔺

Reason: Tough start to the week with Riga, LA & Davos but I am done sleeping on this team. If they can play at least 500 hockey against these tough teams and then win later in the week again Vancouver Wolves. They should be able to leap a head of the Toronto Legion but they need to make up at least four points on the current second-best team in the conference. I think they will be able to continue the trend of playing at least .700 hockey if not better this week. Second is place in the conference is within their reach by the end of the week.

3.   :que:  Vancouver Wolves.            🔺

Reason: Can this team continue the current hot streak as they were one of the hottest teams in the Conference last week? I think predict that they will cool slightly but still should win more games than not. They have Prague, Toronto, D.C. and Riga later in the week so it really comes down this group of games to determine their week. Either way, I think being two points back on D.C. and five back of Toronto will be too much ground to make up when I expect D.C. actually leapfrog Toronto; so I think it could be a week of status quo for the Wolves this week. These should stay in touch with Toronto and D.C. by the end of week.

4.   :tor:  Toronto Legion                     🔻

Reason: Tough start to the week could see them lose games against Prague (3), Davos(2), Riga with Prague and Davos back on the schedule to finish out the week. After a lackluster week they will try to stay above 500 hockey this week and try not to drop any unexpected games or points to Chicago and Vancouver. Could be a tough week for the Legion.

5.  :sea:    Seattle Bears.                       🟰

Reason: Ten points back of Vancouver and eight points up on Chicago has this team sort of in nowhere land. They shouldn`t be caught by Chicago or New York but I also don`t expect them to catch Vancouver. While I think they should be closer to Vancouver by the end of the week. The question remains What are the Bears?

6.   :chi:  Chicago Phoenix.                 🟰

Reason: Tough schedule with Toronto(3), LA, Prague(2) and D.C.(2) means it could be another tough week but I also stated that last week so if they can continue to play tough close hockey they could maybe finish the week with a 500 record. Should be good enough to keep them ahead of New York.

7.   :nya:  New York Americans.         🟰

Reason: Interesting week ahead for New York as they face a lot of good teams in LA(2), Davos, Prague, Toronto, D.C. and Vancouver so they will be looking to upset a few of these teams if they are going to try to move up the standings and catch Chicago. At this time, I think it will be unlikely that they catch Chicago by the end of the week. It might be close.

8.    :cal:  Calgary Wranglers.             🟰

Reason: Tough week ahead with some big teams with Davos(2), Riga(2), Vancouver(2) and Toronto; they will be hard pressed to make up ground on Chicago and stay close to New York but I am not here to destroy all hope so anything is possible but very unlikely in this situation.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito