United We Stand As The Standings Titan

jacobcarson877

Thankfully in seasons past, my player hasn’t really interfered with my GMing. Being in opposite conferences and playing each other a couple times at the end of the season, usually after the playoff hopes have been secured, meant that I could largely ignore the conflict of interest. But now, my player is in my conference, and fighting furiously to knock my team out of the playoffs. HSK, MAL and LDN are playing chicken now to see who will back out the playoff race first, so the rest of us can figure out what the heck we’re doing. Realistically, HSK and LDN could make the playoffs, but would almost certainly face off in the play-in round, which isn’t all that much better. But for now, it’s a united (get it) effort against Malmo, with Wolanin pulling his weight in the last MAL vs HSK matchup, putting Malmo (for literally the day) out of the playoff picture. Still, plenty of the season left, and many more divisional bouts, but it will be an adventure to balance personal success and team success.

1 hour ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Thankfully in seasons past, my player hasn’t really interfered with my GMing. Being in opposite conferences and playing each other a couple times at the end of the season, usually after the playoff hopes have been secured, meant that I could largely ignore the conflict of interest. But now, my player is in my conference, and fighting furiously to knock my team out of the playoffs. HSK, MAL and LDN are playing chicken now to see who will back out the playoff race first, so the rest of us can figure out what the heck we’re doing. Realistically, HSK and LDN could make the playoffs, but would almost certainly face off in the play-in round, which isn’t all that much better. But for now, it’s a united (get it) effort against Malmo, with Wolanin pulling his weight in the last MAL vs HSK matchup, putting Malmo (for literally the day) out of the playoff picture. Still, plenty of the season left, and many more divisional bouts, but it will be an adventure to balance personal success and team success.

Welcome to my life, it was the same when Johnston and McFleury were on Riga. Ironically, neither of my players ever beat Davos in the playoffs.